We manage the threat so it’s business as usual for you…
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
When you or your company are under investigation you need a trusted advisor to partner you every step of the way. That’s where we come in.
You need a lawyer who has the depth of skill and presence to represent you and your company through what can be a difficult process, from the first signs of a looming investigation to litigation.
With a honed understanding of what you are facing from high-level experience within the field, our Business Crime and Investigations team prides itself on offering outstanding ability, combined with accessible and approachable partners with the level of support that you and your business require.
Our Business Crime specialists are established experts who handle a broad range of criminal and regulatory investigations assisting private individuals, corporates and Boards of Directors both domestically and internationally. We can help you minimise the risk of criminal and civil liabilities before they arise and will vigorously defend you and your company’s interests in the event of an investigation.
We have an established reputation for thinking strategically and pragmatically when problem solving. Our experienced partners will provide you with reassuring tailored support, having successfully guided many clients through crisis situations.
We advise clients on:
- Serious and complex financial crime
- Tax Investigations; a focus on civil and criminal tax fraud investigations and litigation conducted by the Special Investigation and Criminal Investigation departments.
- Corruption and bribery
- Proceeds of Crime matters; including responding to applications for restraint orders, confiscation proceedings and asset forfeiture proceedings, including Unexplained Wealth Orders.
- Compliance and money laundering issues; We are also able to offer expert advice to companies and individuals who are faced with situations where compliance and money laundering issues arise.
- Interviews under caution
- Educating and training for Boards of Directors on their responsibilities and liabilities
- Investigations and prosecutions by the Financial Conduct Authority, Serious Fraud Office, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Health and Safety Executive, Food Standards Agency, Local Authority, Environment Agency and Trading Standards.
Notable matters our partners have worked on:
- Instructed in the largest UK Ponzi fraud.
- Representing a UK plc in an internal bribery investigation.
- Representing the “Grillo sisters” in their high-profile acquittal featuring Nigella Lawson.
- Instructed to represent a key defendant in the largest HMRC direct tax prosecution.
- Representing a former chairman of a Football League club under investigation for bribery, fraud and money laundering.
- Representing the lead defendant in one of the largest “cash for crash” cases prosecuted.
- Acting for a defendant prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act in a case involving international espionage.
- Representing a defendant in an SFO multi-billion metals exchange fraud.
- Advising a member of the House of Lords in regard to serious allegations.
- Instructed in one of the most complex criminal tax investigations conducted by HMRC, concerning a high-profile accountant to celebrities.
- Instructed in one of the largest civil cartel related competition matters to date for a national timber conglomerate.
- Instructed in a Russian oligarch related fraud matter where billions were alleged to have been siphoned away.