A premium residential property service delivering highly complex property transactions, seamlessly
Experienced residential property specialists bring you a premium and bespoke service at a fixed competitive price.
The Residential Property team at gunnercooke offers an expert service for those who require seamless execution and a premium approach to a residential property transaction. We specialise in advising high net worth individuals, many of whom are overseas, in tax-efficient ways of holding UK property.
Our experienced lawyers are perfectly placed to advise on all aspects of a residential property transaction, including the associated finance, tax structuring, wealth planning and development matters. We advise on highly complex transactions quickly, discreetly and seamlessly, providing you with a truly bespoke service – often to a tight deadline.
We also have a wealth of contacts to share with you, including mortgage brokers, overseas advisors, estate agents, insurance brokers, surveyors, valuers, enfranchisement specialists, planning experts and party wall specialists, adding value and convenience.
- Advising Wilson Bowden on an option and promotion agreement for (subject to planning) a strategic commercial (warehouse, distribution, manufacturing) and residential site comprising over 436 acres on a site at Royston, Hertfordshire.
- Advising on the procurement of development finance for the redevelopment of the former Debenhams department store known as the Drapery Building Northampton to comprise a mixed-use student / retail scheme.
- Advising Garner Holdings in respect of the acquisition (subject to planning) of a manufacturing and warehouse site comprising approximately 65 acres adjacent to the M1 at Annesley Nottinghamshire.
- Advising William Davis on an acquisition, subject to planning via options, on more than 90 acres of prime residential land at sites in prime East Midlands locations comprising Matlock Derbyshire, Barrowby Grantham, and Wellingborough Northamptonshire.
- Acting for Bedford Estates on a number of estate management transactions including deeds of surrender, letting advice and licences.
- Acting on the promotion and option agreement in respect of over 130 acres of land adjacent to the A5 in the East Midlands which, subject to planning, is proposed to be developed by Wilson Bowden to comprise in excess of 1.5 m sq feet of warehouse, distribution and manufacturing space.
- Advising on the acquisition and completion on a phased basis of 10 warehouse / industrial units comprising 372,000 sq ft over 4 development sites at Willow Farm and Optimus Point Leicestershire, Blenheim park Nottingham and Kingsway Business Park Rochdale.
- Acting on the acquisition and redevelopment of a listed Mill in Lichfield, Tamworth for conversion into 51 apartments and 11 town houses.
- Acting for Brookland Group on the acquisition and finance of a redevelopment site in SW London.
- Acting for a HNW private individual in the £40 million acquisition of four apartments located in the UK, together with associated tax advice
- Acting for a HNW private individual on the £17 million acquisition of a prime central London apartment, together with a Licence to Alter
- Acting for a property investment company in relation to various acquisitions and disposals of prime central London property, with a total value in excess of £50 million
- Acting for a UK based developer in partnership in relation to the £15.5 million sale of a residential property in Holland Park. The sale included complex overage provisions.
- Acting for a development company on the acquisition and subsequent development of a house on the Cadogan Estate for £19 million
- Advising a purchaser on the off-plan acquisition of two residential properties in a single central London development with a combined value of over £10 million
- Acting for a private individual in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of flats and mews houses within The Knightsbridge with individual apartment values ranging to £15 million
- Advising IIFL (India Infoline Limited) in relation to their office relocation.
- Advising a development company in relation to the acquisition of a site for £11 million with financing and the onward off plan sales of the individual units
Our Residential Property work includes:
- Buying and Selling
- Lease Extensions
- Freehold Enfranchisement
- Mortgaging and Refinancing
- Licences to Alter
- Tenancy Agreements
- Off Plan/New Build Purchases and Sales
- Development Acquisition and Structuring
- Landlord and Tenant Issues
- Rural Land and Equestrian Land
Who have our Partners worked with?
- Buyers and Sellers
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Property Investors
- Onshore and Offshore Private Individuals
“Daniel Rubie specialises in advising high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals on their residential property purchases and sales; he also has substantial lease extension and enfranchisement expertise.”
– Legal 500
“Antonia cuts to the chase. She is direct and not afraid of giving advice which is helpful in making decisions. She is excellent in meetings, politely controlling the direction and focus of the meeting.”
– Private client