We make protecting data simple
Experts in Data Protection and Privacy law to help you navigate the new world of information
Data is driving change. But it comes with new risks for your organisation. Our data protection specialists help you understand and implement programs for full compliance with the new data protection regime. Each of our partners is expert in their field, and will work alongside you as a trusted advisor all the way.
We provide the full array of data protection and security support; if you experience a data breach we can guide you, liaising with cybersecurity specialists to investigate and minimise the impact.
We are ready to help SME and OMB businesses; banks and building societies; software suppliers and resellers (particularly those processing personal data directly or indirectly); central government departments and agencies; healthcare providers (primary and secondary; and local authorities. Our expertise also covers financial services providers, the security and defence sector; professional services firms; charities; utilities; and passenger transport operators.
We are also able to represent data controllers and data processors who are facing monetary penalty notices and other sanctions by the Information Commissioner, as well as appeals to the First Tier Tribunal.
In addition we also advise clients on all aspects of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); Environmental Information Regulations; HRA; confidentiality; official secrets; Investigatory Powers Act; Computer Misuse Act and the Network and Information Systems (NIS) Directive.
Our approach is informed, pragmatic, risk-based, and commercially astute. In a new world of information, stay better informed.
Our work in Data Protection and Security includes:
- Advising clients on how to comply with the new data protection laws
- Auditing current practices and data handling to see where a client needs change to comply with data protection laws
- Designing and implementing privacy policies and measures
- Preparing the full range of contractual documents needed to show compliance with the new laws
- Handling data breaches and engaging with the ICO
- Assisting with penalty notices and sanctions faced by data controllers
- Training companies on compliance with the new data protection regime in order to minimise the risk of data breaches
- Representing data controllers and data processors
- Reducing risk, penalties and sanctions
- Providing peace of mind for in-house data protection officers and back-up where needed
- We prepared various legal documents for a well-known sports club to implement and comply with the new data protection laws
- We advised a household-name publication on its data protection compliance regime, including preparing its web publication and subscriber website for the new legislation
- We advised on the full GDPR compliance programme for a large international bank
- We worked with many SME businesses to enable them to be ready for implementation of the new data protection regime
- We assisted a large charity to prepare new data protection handbook
- We advised an Israeli company on marketing to businesses outside Israel, including carrying out legitimate business assessments as means for data processing
Who have our Partners worked with?
- Vedbaek Limited, trading as The NAV People
- Xactium Limited
- Intelligent Telematics Limited trading as SureCam