Building strong relationships, delivering peace of mind
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
We help to get projects done, on time, in budget and with minimum cost and disruption.
With a wealth of specialist experience between them, our Infrastructure, Construction & Engineering team advises on a broad range of contracts, projects and disputes. We are legal specialists in construction, oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing, process engineering, utilities, transport and infrastructure.
The team works with clients on projects in the UK, mainland Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East in both private and public sector.
From risk avoidance through training, legal updates and contract advice, through to recovery of retentions and full-blown disputes, we can guide you. Whatever the scope of your project we offer a commercial, strategic approach from lawyers that won’t let you down.
We provide a “turn-key” service, advising on all aspects of infrastructure transactions. In addition, we have expertise in the major industry standard form construction and engineering contracts (including FIDIC, NEC, IChemE and JCT). We advise on all other commercial, financing, real estate and regulatory aspects of a deal including; advice on procurement, planning and environmental issues.
We believe in delivering transactions on time and in budget. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we are always seeking ways to run and manage deals more efficiently. This means we take a pragmatic approach to risk allocation and seek balanced commercial outcomes. Project management is also key to our service. We seek to become an integral part of our clients’ project teams, ensuring that we share in the responsibility for the overall success of the deal.
Common issues we solve for our clients
- Engineering procurement and construction contracts, bespoke and standard form, including NEC, JTC, FIDIC, IChemE
- English Court proceedings
- International construction disputes
- Negotiation and review of ancillary contract documentation
- Risk management and contract advice
- Seminars and legal updates
Notable matters we have undertaken
- Advised an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate on the £10m refurbishment of existing office with new build additions and full fit out of its UK head office.
- Advised on the £5m refurbishment of existing brewery buildings on 4.5-acre site to create 50 new homes and the restoration of 16 Grade II-listed terraced properties for one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK.
- Acted for a highly acclaimed and award-winning architect in negotiation of contracts with Grosvenor Estate for all phases of construction, which is an award-winning project to redesign Grosvenor Gardens at 2.5ha (the second largest garden square in London).
- Advised the funder of a major £7m construction project on the conversion into residential units of an old English pub and coach house with conservation status.
- Acted on the major £1.5m refit and refurbishment of a Grosvenor Square property for a high net-worth client, US Family Office.