Advice that protects and supports creativity
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
Our Creative Industries team gives expert, straight-talking advice to creative businesses and individuals
The creative industries are alive with ideas, generating billions of pounds and fostering brighter futures. Protecting the creativity behind the industry is where we can help.
With each partner in our firm joining with at least 10,000 hours of practice in their field, we can guarantee you will work with a senior professional who is leading in the industry. All are encouraged to take a commercial and entrepreneurial approach, sharing their insights and solutions as long-term, trusted legal advisors, and always focused on your success.
Our clients span a wide cross section of the industry, from artists, authors and agents, musicians, managers, record labels, fashion labels, music and book publishers to film and tv producers. The members of our team have worked with some of the world’s highest profile artists and some of the most exciting emerging talent, bringing straight forward, clear advice to even the most complex of negotiations.
We know our clients like clarity and so offer fixed prices and a tailor-made, personal service. Our clients have given us an NPS score of +84 – classing us among the world’s leading law firms.
Above all, we come to work with a passion for the creative industries. We have over 20 years of experience in this field – not just as lawyers, but as commercially-driven musicians and creatives ourselves. Helping clients take the next steps in their creative careers, and protecting their creative output, is what makes it worthwhile.
Our work in the Creative Industries includes:
- Drafting and negotiating all music, media and creative contracts including recording, music and book publishing, management, band agreements, production agreements, development agreements; film and tv production agreements;
- Copyright, Intellectual Property and performance rights
- Dispute management and solutions
Notable matters our Partners have worked on
- Reported high-profile case establishing copyright ownership
- Legal advisor to established artists in relation to large-scale copyright infringement
- Setting up and advising a renowned independent record label
- Advising established artist band members
- Members of our team are on the panel of PRS for Music and are BASCA (British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors) approved industry lawyers
Who have our Partners worked with?
- Grammy and Ivor Novello award-winning songwriters and recording artists
- Both emerging and established chart-topping artists/musicians
- Independent and major music publishers and record label
- Independent film/TV production companies
- Well-known and emerging authors and painters