Thinking creatively and innovatively, planning for the best outcome
It’s important to maximise planning opportunities and ensure HMRC compliant and sensible tax planning. Our expert Tax Planning team provides bespoke tax planning for individuals and businesses, using solutions that are reviewed and cleared with the HMRC.
Fulfilling your responsibilities to your business jurisdiction as well as your company takes expert insights. Our Tax Planning team advises Finance Directors, entrepreneurs and other professionals on the tax implications of their business and transactions.
We understand that getting your tax structures right has a direct impact on your business’ bottom line, and so it’s important to have an advisor that thinks creatively and innovatively – maximising the options available to you.
We can help businesses of all sizes including SMEs, private individuals requiring tax planning and anyone requiring family tax planning. We can also offer support and guidance where clients are subject to HMRC enquiries.
We are leaders in our field is because we are focused on value, not time. We are creative thinkers and experienced problem solvers. We constantly monitor new legislation, and other developments in the tax field, and see it as a fundamental part of our role to ensure that we share this knowledge with our clients, where appropriate. We are integrated, efficient and pro-active in our client services.
Crucially, we won’t wait for a tax issue to occur. We will be your eye on the horizon and constantly look for solutions that can increase your profitability.
Common issues we solve for our clients
- Improving your bottom-line profitability
- Identifying the best structure for your strategic deals
- Reducing the impacts of tax on your business’ regular trading activities
- Spotting and avoiding potential issues before they occur
We advise on the tax implications of:
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Company structures, trading agreements and joint ventures
- Domestic and cross-border banking and finance
- Acquisition, sale and letting of real estate
- Development and construction projects
- VAT advice
- Tax advice for High Net Worth individuals
- Tax advice for charities
Notable matters our partners have worked on
- Solutions for internationally-mobile employees and directors, including pension solutions, with over 25 years of experience in international pension planning
- Ongoing advice to HNW and UHNW individuals looking to invest in tax-efficient structures and advice to family investment wealth managers
“Menna Bowen has a superb technical knowledge of pension tax, which she manages to communicate to her clients in a simple (but not simplistic) and comprehensible way. She also manages to make tax meetings an enjoyable experience.”
– Andrew Gammon, AG Tax Ltd
“What I love about gunnercooke is that they are focused on finding solutions. In all my dealings, this was so refreshing and different to many other law firms, who merely lay out the issues and consequences of a particular course of action.”
– Christian Armbruester, Head of Blu family office
“I have instructed Menna in my various capacities as a trustee and administrator/council member over the last 20 years and I find her to be diligent, practical, with a solid understanding of the technical issues.”
– Director, Philean Trust Company Limited
“We have known Mr. Wilson for 20 years and collaborated with him on many tax and commercial issues; we believe he is amongst the very highest-quality barristers in London in his area of expertise.”
– Founding Partner, Capeview Capital
“Alastair Wilson has advised us on the establishment and operation of family trusts, pension schemes and share plans. We have found him to be clear, responsive, and constructive, and well-liked by clients. We have also found that his analysis has been confirmed by tax authorities. We consider he is a tested, sound and experienced adviser who enhances our own client service.”
– Technical Director, Concept Group Ltd