We won’t wait for an issue to occur to find a better solution
We understand that getting your tax structures right has a direct impact on your business’ bottom line, and so it’s important to have an advisor that thinks creatively and innovatively – maximising the number of options available to you.
Our tax team advises company finance directors, entrepreneurs and other professionals on the tax implications of their business and transactions.
From working with many businesses and individuals, we understand the tax complexities which can arise for you personally and for your business. Our team of specialist tax solicitors and chartered tax advisers will work closely with you to provide bespoke tax advice and pragmatic legal solutions in a clear and concise manner.
We’re leaders in our field. We’re constantly focused on value, not time. We’re creative thinkers and experienced problem solvers. We keep an eagle eye on new legislation, and other developments in the tax field, and we see it as a fundamental part of our role to ensure that we share this knowledge with our clients. We’re integrated, efficient and pro-active in our approach.
We won’t wait for a tax issue to occur; we’ll constantly be looking for solutions that can increase your profitability.
Common issues we solve for our clients
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Company structures, trading agreements and joint ventures
- Domestic and cross-border banking and finance
- Acquisition, sale and letting of real estate
- Development and construction projects
- VAT advice
- Tax advice for High Net Worth individuals
- Tax advice for charities
Notable matters our partners have worked on:
Tax advice on mergers and acquisitions:
- Project Albert– Advised Kuehne & Nagel on the tax aspects of acquiring a target group of companies for £60m.
- Project Oil– Implemented the “migration” of one of the largest private oil company’s tax residence to the UK.
- Stobart Group Limited – Drafted and implemented a Long-Term Incentive Plan with innovative performance conditions.
- Drafted and implemented enterprise management incentives, nil-paid share schemes CSOPs and other LTIPs.
- Project Pension– Successfully provided and implemented a tax structure for a large French group so as to ensure that the group structure was maintained for group relief purposes when the pension protection fund acquired 33% of the UK subsidiary’s share capital.
- Project Agent – Provided lead tax advice to a large “courier” on the tax implications of the new onshore and off shore intermediaries’ legislation.
Real estate transactions including:
- Structuring acquisitions, sales and land development arrangements for a wide variety of clients
- Stamp duty land tax structures
- VAT on all aspects of UK real estate transactions and development
- Capital allowances planning and structures
- Tax deduction for cleaning up contaminated land and related stamp tax issues
Banking and finance transactions for lenders and borrowers and advice on insolvency including:
- Loans for real estate development including tax efficient borrower structures
- Restructuring and subsequent part realisation of a loan for a portfolio of hotels
- Consolidation of cross border loan facilities
- Facility agreements including UK withholding tax on cross border interest payments