Spanish legal advice for English-speaking clients
Enjoy Spanish legal advice for English-speaking clients from an experienced team comprising dual-qualified experts
Local experts always give you the advantage. We are one of the few law firms in the UK with two qualified Spanish lawyers duly registered who are English speaking and able to advise individuals and companies in respect of their assets and investments in Spain.
The Spanish Desk at gunnercooke LLP was formed by Antonio Guillen and Claudia Font who work from our Manchester office. Both are qualified to practice Spanish Law and duly registered with the Law Society of Barcelona, Spain as well as the Law Society and the Solicitors Regulation Authority in England and Wales.
The team advises on a wide range of matters from private client, to commercial property and corporate business structures. They work closely with other specialists in the firm, to ensure that they can support on any legal challenge that an individual or business may face when operating or transacting in Spain or Spanish speaking countries.
- Class Action group with + 100 clients against a Spanish developer and Spanish banks
- Acting for law firms, notary publics and insolvency practitioners on cross-border work between Spain and the UK
- Acting for Spanish hotels and Spanish footballers in respect of their legal needs in the UK
- Advising lottery winners in their purchases of property investments in Majorca and mainland Spain
Our work includes:
- Sale and purchase of residential properties
- Will drafting and estate planning
- Administration of estates
- Powers of attorney
- Property disputes and litigation
- Family law
- Debt negotiation and Insolvency
- Tax numbers (N.I.E. and C.I.F.)
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements
- Incorporation of companies and business structures
- Company law
- Foreign investment & commercial real estate
Who have our Partners worked with?
We help individuals and companies in their legal needs in Spain.
You may be buying a property, inheriting an asset or incorporating a company. We also help other law firms and advisors with Spanish matters, helping them to provide a global service to their clients and outsource the Spanish work to a team of dual-qualified lawyers like ourselves.
If you would like to know more about Spanish law for English speaking individuals and companies investing in property or doing business in Spain, you can view our blog HERE.
“We had the pleasure of working with Claudia Font from the Gunnercooke Manchester office relating to a highly complicated case involving a UK borrower who provided security in the form of Spanish property.”
M Patel – CFO Kamani Property Group
Sadly , the borrower had defaulted on the loan and we had to seek repossession proceedings and Claudia coordinated the process with their legal counterparts in Spain in a very efficient , transparent and cost-effective manner.
I would highly recommend Claudia and the firm.
“As a British National faced with the Spanish legal system, Claudia has been a constant source of sound advice on varied issues such as International inheritance and preparation of a Spanish Will.”
– Colin Shepherd, Barcelona
“Antonio is a true professional and a pleasure to do business with. His experience and qualifications in both the UK and Spain make him the ideal choice for anyone dealing with Spanish legal matters.”
– The Notary Solution, Director, Harrogate, UK
“We recently bought a property in Spain and highly recommend gunnercooke,especially Claudia Font who held our hands through the process. The service Claudia and her colleague Antonio provided was highly professional and informative.”
– Michelle Blackburn, Finance Director, Bridgend, UK
“I really appreciate the trouble that Antonio took to produce the necessary document for me. I imagined that it would be a complicated procedure, but he made it very easy for me.”
– Elaine Smith, Leeds. UK
“We found gunnercooke to be professional and were impressed by Claudia’s professional and overall service. She kept us fully informed throughout and made the whole process easy to follow until completion. As our issue was relating to Spanish Law it was invaluable having a company that could deal with their Spanish counterparts on our behalf.”
– Sue Costa