Delivering peace of mind for your business, and its people
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
When it comes to your business, your people are your most valuable asset. That is why you need a legal advisor who works collaboratively with you to understand the way your business and its people operate — helping you to not only deliver best practice for the now, but also to anticipate what you will need in the future.
We help our clients get the best out of their people, whilst worrying less about legal compliance and risk. In short, we empower our clients to get on with their day job.
Experienced partners with a deep understanding of employment law bring a commercial approach to your case, as well as full transparency on fees.
We are a sounding board for senior directors; we are comfortable taking the emotion out of difficult people decisions. We are always calm, professional and discreet. We have worked with some of the world’s largest employers, and we never forget that even the biggest people projects can require an individually tailored approach.
Manage your workforce and comply with all legal obligations by receiving authoritative and commercial advice, recommendations and solutions–we also advise employees who are considering leaving their employer and on restrictive covenants.
Our work in Employment Law includes:
- Contracts, policies and procedures
- Service agreements and board-level disputes
- Settlement agreements (for employers and employees)
- Restructuring and business change
- Atypical working
- Discrimination and Equal Pay
- Performance management, sickness absence management, discipline and grievance
- Employment tribunals
- Restrictive covenants and protecting confidential information (for employers and employees)
- Exit strategies
Who have our partners worked with?
- Major retailers (including all of the big 4)
- Aerospace companies
- Large manufacturers
- Numerous public authorities and housing associations
- Major construction businesses
- Owner-managed businesses through to major plcs
- Public, private and third sector
Notable matters our partners have undertaken
- Represented Kostal UK at the Supreme Court, defending an appeal by 57 members of Unite the Union, against a decision in the Court of Appeal in Kostal’s favour in Dunkley v Kostal UK Limited  UKSC 47,  ICR 434: the first time the appeal courts considered the interpretation of section 145B of the Trade Union & Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992.
- Advised a new client, Precious Homes Limited, in respect of various £100k non-contentious matters, including advice on the ‘hot button’ topic of compulsory vaccinations for staff (and subsequent dismissals, where necessary); advised on a significant redundancy exercise involving central services staff and defended a number of tribunal claims; defended a claim of whistleblowing (both detriments and dismissal) and unfair dismissal by a former employee of the company successfully.
- Successfully defended a £24k maternity discrimination and unfair dismissal claim brought by a former employee of the client, Priestley Academy Trust — a significant importance to the client given the nature of the claim (maternity/pregnancy discrimination) in a school — where the vast majority of staff are female.
- Defended a £90k disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claim brought by a former employee of the client, Pontefract Academies Trust — a significant matter given the serious nature of the discrimination claim and what were perceived to be untrue allegations.
“Paul is great. He provides clarity and works in a very straightforward way. He thinks commercially.”
- WYG plc, HR Director
“Simon gives us commercial, pragmatic advice on HR matters within the practice. His solid experience and supportive approach gives us confidence in his solutions, as has the support he has given us to date. We really value his experience.”
- Foster and Partners, Partner Global Head of Resources
“Jasvir is an experienced and insightful employment lawyer who is responsive to the needs of her clients. Regardless of the complexity of the matter, she is someone who will consider not only legal strategy, but business practicalities.”
- Head of Legal, Cummins Europe