Lawyers who understand the legal needs of IT
Lawyers with experience of in-house and private practice work, who understand and deliver your needs in a non-confrontational and proportionate manner, always with appropriate allocation of risk
Information Technology is a broad church, and covers much more than just an understanding of Intellectual Property. Our Information Technology lawyers have strong commercial negotiating skills, which are essential if a deal is to progress to a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
Our partners are all seasoned commercial negotiators with experience of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts. We believe that the starting point in any Information Technology transaction is to form a holistic view of your needs and the risks inherent in the transaction—whether you’re a supplier, or user. We achieve this quickly and efficiently because we are likely to have encountered many similar situations.
We know how Information Technology works: not at a programming level, but on a practical level. We understand what is reasonable to expect from a service level agreement, and what can be reasonably expected in terms of ownership of bespoke work and upgrades. From the pros and cons of cloud-based systems, to security and data protection concerns, we are ready to work on any aspect of IT-related legal cases. Our Information Technology lawyers are frequently called upon to assist acquisition and disposal teams evaluate the exposure of a target company to Information Technology-related issues as part of the wider due diligence process. Such work requires an ability to swiftly identify such issues and to differentiate those of consequence from the more mundane.
Whether your Information Technology legal requirement is transactional or routine, we are ideally placed to provide creative and cost-effective solutions.
Our work in IT includes:
- Information Technology due diligence in the context of acquisitions and mergers
- Assistance with systems and services supply and procurement
- Structuring and review of web and cloud-based services
- Settling of service level and general supply/licensing agreements
- Assistance with the legal aspects of Information Technology development and joint ventures
- Assistance with appropriate confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Any other legal assistance relating to the procurement, supply or use of Information Technology systems, infrastructure and services
Who have our partners worked with?
- Software companies
- Hardware vendors
- Providers and users of web and/or cloud-based services
- Telecommunications companies
- Joint-venture parties
- Company acquisition and/or disposal teams
- Any party who is involved in the use or supply of Information Technology-related systems, infrastructure and services