Committed to supporting you at every stage of your relationship
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
We understand how difficult and upsetting the breakdown of a relationship can be for everyone involved, and the emotional and financial pressures that come as a result. It is important that you understand your legal position as early as possible, with an advisor who will be with you every step of the way.
The Family Law team at gunnercooke are committed to supporting you through every stage of your relationships. We provide clients with a bespoke service, delivered by our experienced, skilled team. Our lawyers all have the expertise to deal with each case in the most effective manner. We provide advice that is both realistic and objective, combining legal expertise with a commercial and sensitive approach.
Our team includes Legal 500 Recommended lawyers, Chamber & Partners Award recipients and National Family Law Award nominees.
With high client satisfaction and proactive, expert lawyers who will be with you all the way, gunnercooke make family law understandable and manageable for you.
Common Issues we solve for our clients
We provide advice and assistance at all stages of your relationship
When you start a relationship:
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Pre-Civil Partnership Agreements and Post-Civil Partnership Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
When a relationship is breaking down:
- Divorce & Civil Partnership Dissolution (and associated financial settlement)
- Unmarried Separation Issues (civil cohabitation and property disputes)
- Injunction Proceedings (domestic violence and harassment)
Disputes relating to children:
- Child Arrangements Matters, including contact and residence disputes, paternity issues and alternative family structures)
- Parental Responsibility matters
- Change of Name
- Child Maintenance Litigation (including CSA/CMS tribunal matters)
- Child abduction issues
Our partners within the firm can also provide help, support and advice on:
- Investment and Tax Planning following divorce
- Wills and Trusts
- Residential Conveyancing and Real Estate
- Preparing and advising on nuptial agreements with trust assets of circa £8 million and cash assets in excess of £20 million
- Representing a same-sex relationship client in complex proceedings about the legal principles concerning length of relationship
- High-value financial relief proceedings regularly involving assets of millions and annual income in excess of £750,000 per annum, as well as cases involving agricultural property and complicated land holdings and property and title issues
- Dismissal of circa £35,000 in CSA child maintenance arrears at appeal tribunal
- Successfully acting for the father in a complex child arrangements matter involving an intractable mother and where the client faced serious allegations of sexual abuse of his daughter (aged 3)
“You’ve been hugely supportive through one of the toughest times in my life. I appreciate the care, professionalism and patience you have always given together with clear advice.”
“We will never be able to thank you enough for what you have achieved for us. Throughout this whole time you have quite simply been our rock.”
“Brings a completely reassuring manner and in-depth preparation to each and every case; he has the ability to negotiate the high emotions engaged in family work and to drill down to the core issues.”