Private Equity expertise delivered with authority
Get in touch
For further advice please contact us for a consultation.
When your business is going through rapid change, your advisor needs to move with you. We deliver with a combination of experience, track record, knowledge and creativity, to get deals done and deliver the required outcome.
How do the best private equity players achieve their spectacular returns? One part of the equation is their ability to harness talent. This means utilising not only their own abilities, the boards of directors of their portfolio companies but also those up and down the chain in key initiative areas. Private Equity players are unbending in their insistence on performance. They have to be. They have three to five years to get it right. It doesn’t allow for many mistakes.
At gunnercooke our approach is to add to the mix by providing strong commercial value to our private equity clients and their companies at every turn. We call it being ‘trusted advisors’. Without the restraint of operating a time–costing business we ensure that our partners are fully integrated in delivering an exceptional legal service that is truly an extension to our clients’ businesses and makes our clients look good. We do not just stop at the legal service, we ensure that our clients have everything at their disposal to bring about success for the business in the timescales.
Notable matters our partners have worked on:
- The formation of GEC Alsthom
- The BCCI liquidation
- The IPO of Future Network PLC
- The establishment of The UMIP Premier Fund, focussing on ‘spin-outs’ from Manchester University
- The establishment of Epidarex Capital II, LP, focussing on ‘spin-outs’ from a number of Scottish universities
- The buy-out of Hobbs, the design led manufacturer and retailer of ladies’ clothes by Barclays Private Equity from its founders, with operations in the UK and Italy
- The institutional buy out of Swarfega, the hand cleaner used by mechanics, for £135m by Barclays Private Equity. The group incorporated 21 companies in 16 countries
- The buyout of M & M Direct, the leading online and mail order retailer of discounted lifestyle and leisure fashion apparel by ECI
- The purchase from Dutch chemical giant Azco Nobel of Crown Paints by Endless llp for £70m
- The reverse takeover of Ultimate Finance Group by Ashley Corporate Finance
- The institutional purchase of Gaucho Grill, the high–quality restaurant chain with restaurants throughout Europe
- The £45m buy out of Giles Insurance Brokers by Gresham Trust
- The £100m buy out of Cabot Financial, the market leader in the debt purchase market by an institutional purchaser
- Dealt with the sale of a market-leading diversity and inclusion consultancy to a private equity-backed group
What we advise on
- Raising development capital
- Fund formation
- Secondary (portfolio) acquisitions
Who we work with
- Private Equity houses
- Investment companies