"RA Alexander Werner successfully asserted himself against a subsidiary of the largest shipping company in the world. Due to his solid preparation as well as his specialist knowledge, my case shows that it is possible to achieve the desired results even against a billion-dollar company in court."
Shareholder and publisher of logistiknachrichten.de
"Mr Werner took on a very complex case for me. He has worked his way into completely foreign material and has shown perseverance and steadfastness for almost 2 years. Over the entire time he kept an overview of everything and kept me informed. Last but not least, we were able to close the case positively, for which I am very grateful."
CEO, L.E.D. TRADING EUROPE LIMITED
"Lawyer Werner represented our legal interests in Africa very quickly and competently. This enabled legal disputes to be avoided in advance."
CEO, The Lost Kingdom of Punt Ltd.
Dipl. Jur. Alexander Werner is a renowned lawyer and specialist lawyer for transport and forwarding law from Hamburg, who has 12 years of professional experience with more than 400 mandates in this special field of law.
Alexander has already received several awards for his knowledge and skills, including an International Advisory Expert Award and a Lawyer Monthly Legal Award in 2021.
- Insurers, underwriters
- Average inspectors
- Forwarding agents, carriers
- shipping companies
- Exporters and importers from all over the world
- Draft of a purchase agreement (CISG) for an Austrian company for an oil refinery with an Indonesian company
- Enforcement of damages in the millions caused by particular average in the port of Hamburg by arresting the ship in ports in Spain and Canada
- Regular representation of a large insurance company in recourse claims concerning transport damages of the largest German meat producer against the respective freight carriers
- Issues in the field of customs law and customs clearance, e.g. subsequent collection of taxes in import tax assessments on goods imported via the Port of Hamburg by foreign clients and the determination of transaction values in accordance with the provisions of the Union Customs Code (UZK).
Previous Law Firms
- Werner law firm (2009-2021), founder and owner
- DD Legal Lawyers & Tax Advisors (2014-2016), Co-Founder and Head of Transport Law
- Werner & Partner mbB, Managing Partner (2021)
- German Society for Transport Law (DGTR)
- Federation of Integrated Conflict Management (FICM)
- University of Hamburg (1999 – 2004)
- Referendariat OLG Rostock (2006-2008)
- Hagen Law School (2011/2012); specialist lawyer for Transport and Forwarding Law
- Lecturer “Sea Freight Logistics” course at Date Up GmbH in Hamburg
- Member of the pool of lecturers at the Cologne Lawyers’ Association (KAV) for which Alexander carried out advanced training for specialist lawyers for transport and forwarding law in 2021.
- Contact person of the Deutsche Verkehrszeitung (DVZ) on questions of cross-border and comparative transport law in Germany and Poland in September 2014
- Key-note speaker at the “DVZ Symposium” in November 2016 for the introduction of the General German Forwarding Conditions (ADSp) 2017
- published with the article “ADSp 2017 – Of Changes and Compromises” in Zoll.Export magazine in August 2017
Alexander is a partner in gunnercooke Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, whose registered office is Kurfurstendamm 15, 10719, AG Charlottenburg, HRB 224488 B. All lawyers of gunnercooke Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH are admitted in Germany to practise as Rechtsanwalt or Rechsanwaltin and are members of and regulated by the relevant local Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer).