Andre is an experienced litigation and dispute resolution lawyer who works with both private and commercial clients. He has represented clients in the High Court and Court of Appeal as well as in arbitration and mediation. Andre has a broad commercial practice and has experience with superyacht and financial (particularly civil fraud) disputes as well as contentious matters relating to trusts and estates, property, shipping and negligence. He has conducted global asset-tracing and enforced judgments against companies located within the European Union and internationally.
Andre will always consider the best commercial outcome and work closely with clients to meet their needs and objectives. Ultimately, if litigation appears to be the chosen recourse, he fights to win.
- High net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs
- Ship/ superyacht owners and charterers
- Businesses and insurers
- Discharging USD 3 billion brought against high net-worth client – Fundo Soberano de Angola and others v Jose Filomeno dos Santos and others,  EWHC 2199.
- Defending USD 2 billion freezing order attached to high net-worth client’s assets following charges brought alleging fraud.
- Acting for the claimant, purchaser in LMAA arbitration relating to breach of warranty following build of EUR 200 million luxury yacht.
- Acting on behalf of the administrators of the estate of a high net-worth individual to recover GBP 2.2 million.
- Acting for a large tuna manufacturer being prosecuted for alleged illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing.
Previous Law firms
- Byrne and Partners
- Grosvenor Law
- Bargate Murray
- MFB Solicitors
- University of Law, LLM
- University of Law, LPC
- University of Warwick, LLB (Hons)