Catherine is an experienced commercial property solicitor specialising in the retail and leisure sectors. Catherine acts for buyers and sellers on leasehold and freehold commercial properties, and on various forms of concession and licence agreements.
- Advising on commercial property transactions with a particular focus on licensed premises including restaurants, hotels and bars, and high street bookmakers.
- Experience of leasehold negotiations with London’s leading landlords and retail developers from draft Heads of Terms through to completion.
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating various commercial agreements such as distribution agreements, maintenance agreements and terms and conditions for sale of goods.
- Acting for the UK’s largest bookmakers on over 100 retail acquisitions
- Acting for the country’s largest independent coffee chain on its UK retail acquisitions by way of share purchases, asset purchases and pre-packs.
- Acting on the asset sale of a family-owned hotel business in London to a Malaysian public company
- Acting for two expanding chains of London bars on over 25 sales and acquisitions.
- Representing the commercial legal team at forums, exhibitions and events within the licensed premises and franchising sectors.
- LPC (Distinction), BPP
- LLB (Hons), First
- BA (Hons) English Literature, Upper Second