‘Conscientious, hard working lawyer, well connected, and flexible, who easily builds strong client relationships.’
‘David's knowledge of UK law is extensive, this coupled with a down to earth and factual approach to legal matters, makes him a person you will enjoy doing business with.’
NBTY International Limited
‘Dave has always offered detailed and well thought out advice in an approachable, pragmatic manner.’
Estates Department, Lidl Great Britain Limited
‘David has a unique combination of technical expertise, pragmatism and true customer focus that ignites confidence, builds trust and delivers results.’
Taco Bell Europe
David is a dispute resolution solicitor with over 15 years’ experience. He has a broad practice and has advised on disputes in numerous areas including Construction and Engineering, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Insurance, Insolvency, Financial Services and Employment.
David has particular expertise of dispute resolution in the Construction and Property sectors. He has a broad client base and has acted for a number of high profile clients and ‘blue chip’ organisations.
- Construction companies
- Construction professionals
- Local councils and other public bodies
- Large retailers
- SMEs and owner managed businesses
- Private individuals
- Acting for a District Council in successfully defending adjudication proceedings brought by a nationally recognised construction company.
- Advising a large well known retailer and gym operator concerning a claim by a Borough Council for payment of a BID levy.
- Acting for an SME partitions contractor in successful adjudication proceedings concerning a final account.
- Acting for an engineering practice following a roof collapse in successful proceedings brought against an insurer for breach of contract.
- Acting for an SME steelwork contractor in successful adjudication proceedings concerning payment of substantial sums due under a construction contract.
- Acting for a large utility company in a claim brought by the owners of a motorway service station following major flooding.
- Acting for a tax advisory practice in respect of claims for breach of contract/professional negligence brought in the Isle of Man and English courts.
- Acting for a US engineering company in a claim for breach of contract brought by a global soft drinks manufacturer.
- Acting for a major rail maintenance company in a number of adjudications brought about following the Hatfield rail disaster.
Previous Law Firms
- James Legal ⸺ Founder/Director
- Hallmark Solicitors ⸺ Head of Litigation
- Stuart Ward Solicitors
- Nottingham Law School (PGDip Litigation and Dispute Management)
- University of Hull (LLB)
- College of Law, York (LPC)