“He combines his considerable technical knowledge with a proactive, personable and highly commercial approach to the job.”
Legal Director, LexisNexis International
“David always has the clients interest at the forefront of everything he does. He brings a high degree of common sense to discussions and advice. He looks for very long term relationship with his clients and is always available for a coffee!”
Director, Convert Technologies
“David has been working with us as a legal representative for many year now. He's a friendly and very trustworthy extension to our team. David is fully at home in the digital sector, which means we don't have to explain how our industry, products or services work when we need help.”
Managing Director, Via Studios
“David demonstrates an in-depth knowledge, not only of contract law but also the software industry and the issues faced within an IT business generally.
He applies this knowledge with a welcome balance of tenacity and commerciality which means that he has become an integral member of our team."
International Sales Director, LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions
“I have worked with David over a number of years. He is technically extremely astute but also very inventive and proactive. He see's opportunities for his clients that have long term strategic benefits which together with his transactional background mean that clients achieve their aspirations. I would not hesitate to recommend David.”
Head of Mid Corporate Banking (North Wales and the Shires), Barclays Corporate Banking
“David provided expert legal advice on a number of commercial matters relating to football sponsorship, media and stadium hire. He is personable, responsive and provides clear advice on complex matters.”
Marketing and Sales Director, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
“He works hard and forms strong relationship with his clients. Phone calls and emails are replied and returned promptly (which I feel is very important in his field) He has good case knowledge and particularly helped and assisted me with Commercial Agent Law matters. I consider him honourable, trustworthy and honest. I would be pleased to give a recommendation.”
Owner, Salmon Consultancy Limited
David is an experienced commercial lawyer who provides commercial advice to a range of companies and other organisations. He has over 20 years’ experience in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements and terms and conditions and in advising on data protection compliance.
David has worked across many sectors but has particular expertise in software and technology, leisure and entertainment, education and logistics.
As well as working in private practice David has in-house experience with a FTSE 100 company and in industry where he was Chief Operating Officer for a SaaS provider.
David has been recognised in the Legal 500 as “excellent”, “very client focused” and “commercial, pragmatic and responsive”
- Software and technology companies
- Manufacturing and engineering businesses
- The leisure and entertainment sector
- Service providers
- Academies, colleges, and universities
- Managing Directors, Finance Directors, C-Suite Executives, and In-house lawyers
- Advising a world-leading visitor attraction company on the sale and purchase of various rollercoasters
- Advising premier league and championship football clubs on sponsorship, naming rights and supply agreements
- Drafting and negotiating a range of software contracts for a FTSE 100 company and advising them on an innovative AI based initiative
- Advising a global logistics provider on major transport and warehousing agreements
- Advising a world leading gaming company on affiliate agreements and software licenses
- Acting as a sounding board for and advisor to DPOs at insurance companies, colleges, and major UK charities
Previous Law Firms
- Knights (Solicitor then Associate)
- Flint Bishop (Partner and Head of Commercial)
- LexisNexis (Interim Head of UK Legal)
- Cloud Booking Limited (Chief Operating Officer)
- Future (Awards and Qualifications) Limited (Member of the Governing Body)
- Woodhall Spa Golf Management Limited (Non-Executive Director)
- University of Leeds – BA International History and Politics
- Staffordshire University – CPE and Legal Practice Course