Fergus Buckley was highly professional, insightful, hard-working and very proactive. I am grateful for his assistance in my legal matter and the results that were achieved.
Legal 500 2022
Fergus Buckley is a great tactician, has excellent commercial instincts, and is extremely good at managing client relations and providing input on tactics and strategy.
Legal 500 2022
Fergus conducts a broad range of substantial commercial litigation with a focus on civil fraud. He has been involved in numerous high-profile and complex court and arbitration proceedings in London and overseas. He is experienced in obtaining and defending various forms of emergency interim relief, including freezing injunctions, search and seizure orders and third-party disclosure orders.
- Advising a listed mining company in relation to a $20m claim arising, in part, from the solicitation of a fraudulent wire transfer.
- Acting for a data analytics and election advisory business in relation to the alleged misuse of personal data on a grand scale.
- Advising major collectors and dealers in relation to disputes concerning high value classic and rare cars.
- Representing a former director of Bernard Madoff’s London trading entity in relation to claims brought by the English and US liquidators seeking to recover funds on behalf of investors in Mr Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
- Advising a well-known private equity house in relation to contractual and equitable claims arising out of the “pre-pack” acquisition of a substantial enterprise.
- Acting for both claimants and defendants in relation to cases of imposter fraud involving the unauthorised sale of valuable real estate assets.
- Acting on behalf of the defendants in High Court proceedings concerning the beneficial ownership of shares in an offshore company engaged in the export of goods to the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation.
- Acting for a “Russian oligarch” in relation to claims against a former business associate and a firm of solicitors in High Court proceedings concerning the client’s substantial London property investments.
- Acting for a law firm in claims by a financial services company arising out of the collapse of a litigation funding scheme.
- Representing shareholders and directors of a film production company in proceedings for breaches of fiduciary duty against several former directors.
- Representing the majority shareholders and directors in a dispute arising out of the break-up of a successful fund of hedge funds.
- Acting for a well-known financier in relation to a US$50m-plus fraud claim by a bank, including responding to a freezing order and various other adverse interim orders.
- Acting for a property services company in relation to an investigation concerning a £multi-million mortgage fraud involving a rogue employee in the client’s valuations department.
Previous Law Firms
- Fladgate LLP, Partner
- Peters and Peters
- London School of Economics (LLB)
- BPP Law School (BVC)