Greg has done a wonderful job on behalf of management and has been our support, advocate and counsellor, as well as our legal guru. He also has the ability to translate legal jargon into plain English which is vital for none legal minds going into deals with private equity houses.
Greg was absolutely fantastic. It was not an easy transaction complicated by the other side's lawyer being very difficult. gunnercooke is very fortunate to have such professional people. Greg's work is duly noted.
Eamonn & Meadhbh Vaughan
Greg is known for ‘getting deals done’. He has practiced in corporate law for over 20 years. Greg has a dual qualification having been admitted as an Attorney to the High Court of South Africa and as a Solicitor in England and Wales. Above all he is excellent fun to have on a deal. He has a wide breadth of corporate finance experience including acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs and buy-ins, private equity transactions, joint ventures, capital reductions and buy-backs.
- A wide range of owner-managed businesses
- Advised the company on the recommended takeover of the shares of CBG Group plc to Giles Insurance Brokers Limited.
- Advised the vendors on the disposal of their shareholding in Bredbury Hall for a consideration of £17.6m.
- Assisted in advising Lloyds TSB Development Capital Limited in the £35 million management buyout of the PJH Group.
- Advised the company on the recommended takeover of the shares of ABS Bodyshop Services Limited to Aquilo plc.
- Advised management on the £16.1 million management buyout of Supreme Imports (Wholesale) Limited, backed by Sandaire Private Equity Limited.
- Assisted in advising the vendors on the £28m disposal (and exit of venture capital funders 3i) of La Tasca Restaurants Limited.
- Advised in the management buyout of Indigo Capital Limited of the Centia group.
- Advised management on the multi-jurisdictional £14 million management buyout in five European countries of Selkirk Group, backed by 3i.
- Advised in the multi-jurisdictional acquisition of the Kangol Headware business by Bollman Headware Holdings Limited from Kangol Holdings Limited.
- Advised in advising management on management buyout in the UK of Synexus Limited, backed by Aberdeen Murray Johnstone.
Previous Law Firms
- Shammah Nicholls LLP
- DAC Beachcroft
- Andersen Legal
- In-house counsel, Auckland Investments
- BA LLB University of the Witwatersrand
- UK Solicitor
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa