Jocelyn is a highly experienced construction solicitor (dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters), having practised for more than 35 years. She is known for sensible pragmatic advice under pressure, and for working with clients to deliver solutions to complex solutions within a fixed budget.
In addition to her client work, Jocelyn is a former Vice Chair of the Society of Construction Law and a Regional Coordinator for Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and South Yorkshire. She also sits on the Committee and is a former Chair of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (East Midlands) and has been a visiting Fellow in the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment at Nottingham Trent University.
Jocelyn is recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers in the field of Construction Law.
- Owner managed businesses to international corporates
- 2004 to 2012 Elected Council member, and for 2011 Vice Chair of the Society of Construction Law
- 1999 to date Regional Coordinator (Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire) Society of Construction Law
- Fellow of the chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- 2008 to date member of the Committee for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (East Midlands branch). Chair (until 2016)
- Member of the Adjudication Society
- Member of the Derby and District Rail Forum
- Member of Derby Interact
Previous Law Firms
- Consultant, Everyman Legal, 2011 – 2015
- Partner, Nelsons Solicitors, 2000 – 2011
- Consultant, Geldards LLP, 1998 – 2000
- Sole Practitioner, J E Taylor, 1994 – 2000
- Partner (Head of Construction), Eversheds, 1988 – 1994
- Associate Solicitor, Slaughter and May, 1984 -86
- 1981 Law Society Finals
- 1980 Cambridge University Postgraduate LL.B. 2:1 (now re-designated LL.M)
- 1976 – 79 University of Sussex (BA Hons Law)
- 1983 admitted as a solicitor
- 1996 Fellowship awarded of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators