Maximilian is a corporate and contracts lawyer with over 15 years of experience in project finance and the renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure sector.
Working with project developers, banks, and investors as well as in-house for an offshore windfarm, he has excellent legal and commercial insight into all aspects of the sector, from energy law to project finance.
Max aims to provide practical, business-oriented advice to clients and their projects – his in-house experience helps him communicate with corporate clients and provide advice they can use.
- Companies and individuals with a one-off or long-term involvement in renewable energy topics
- Companies and individuals generating, selling, or working with renewable energy or sustainable infrastructure products
- Asset Managers and Companies in a project finance structure
- Project developers, investors, and banks developing, buying, or financing renewable energy or infrastructure projects
- Responsible for corporate and finance law in a project-financed company operating a 400MW offshore windfarm in the German exclusive economic zone in the North Sea (inhouse)
- Leading the internal teams, shareholders and external advisors in negotiating and executing a EUR 520 million refinancing of the company’s syndicated bank loans (inhouse)
- Advising national and international investors on the sale/purchase of solar parks in Germany and the UK as well as windfarms in Germany
- Advising a consortium of banks on the financing of windfarms in Germany
- Advising an asset manager on a framework contract for solar park performance monitoring software
- Litigation on behalf of solar park projects and solar module manufactures concerning defective solar modules
- Structuring and negotiating a three-party exchange of payments and warranty bonds of over EUR 113 million total value
Previous Law Firms
- Since 2010 Global Tech I Offshore Wind GmbH
- 2010-2021 KEE Kanzlei für Erneuerbare Energien
- 2007-2009 Watson Farley & Williams LLP
- 2005-2007 h.d. steichele Rechtsanwälte
- 2002-2004 Kammergericht Berlin (Referendariat)
- 2001-2002 University of Maastricht
- 1996-2001 University of Heidelberg (Staatsexamen)
- Lecturer on International Business Law with Berliner Hochschule für Technik (BHT) in the MBA Renewables programme
Maximilian is a partner in gunnercooke Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, whose registered office is Kurfurstendamm 15, 10719, AG Charlottenburg, HRB 224488 B. All lawyers of gunnercooke Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH are admitted in Germany to practise as Rechtsanwalt or Rechsanwaltin and are members of and regulated by the relevant local Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer).