Menna Bowen has a superb technical knowledge of pension tax, which she manages to communicate to her clients in a simple (but not simplistic) and comprehensible way. She also manages to make tax meetings an enjoyable experience.
AG Tax Limited
I have instructed Menna in my various capacities as a trustee and administrator / council member over the last 20 years and I find her to be diligent, practical, with a solid understanding of the technical issues.
Philean Trust Company Limited
Menna specialises in tax advice, planning and tax enquiries, for corporate and individual clients. She has advised high net worth individuals, hedge funds, banks, and owner managed businesses, and dealt successfully with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries. She has advised fund management businesses, property funds and set up investment structures, and advised on oversea pension structures and internationally mobile individuals.
- Banks and financial services businesses
- Property businesses
- Fund management firms
- Venture capital firms
- High Net Worth individuals
- Trustee corporations
- Design and agreement of International Pension Plans for executives at many banks, and agreement of these plans by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Structuring of reward structures for fund management businesses as limited liability partnerships or companies and conversion between the two alternative structures.
- Structuring of a fund for investment in South American real estate.
- Settlement of a transfer pricing and trading in the UK enquiry into a fund management group, conducted by HM Revenue & Customs International Division and specialists, with no additional UK tax liabilities.
- Obtaining specific rulings from HMRC on cross border transactions and overseas pension plans.
Previous Law Firms
- PricewaterhouseCoopers – Consultant
- McDermott Will & Emery LLP – Barrister, Consultant
- Ernst & Young LLP – Director
- GSC Solicitors LLP – Barrister
- Masters degree in Dutch Civil Law, Leiden University
- First class degree in Japanese language and culture, Leiden University
- PgDL followed by bar school at BPP Law School