"I have experienced many emotions, difficulties and traumas over this period, but your advice, assistance and professional support has been exemplary. With all the other issues I have had to deal with it has been extremely comforting to know that my legal affairs and the divorce proceedings have been confidently dealt with. I will continue to remember with fondness our discussions and laughter in the midst of what was a painful and difficult situation."
"Michelle is knowledgeable and professional. She helped me through my difficult time, and I have no reservations about recommending her."
"Michelle is highly effective and able, and supplied excellent and timely legal support at a critical time in my life. I heartily recommend her."
"Michelle thank you. You have enabled us to have a brighter future. We appreciate all your hard work."
Michelle qualified as a Solicitor in November 1997 and is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Complex Financial Remedies and Private Children Law matters. As a trained Collaborative Family Lawyer, which is a Dispute Resolution process, Michelle assists her clients in resolving their matters amicably by avoiding costly court battles. Should the intervention of the court be necessary, Michelle is a skilful advocate who is able to represent her clients throughout the court process. Having experienced the divorce process herself and since re-married, Michelle’s aim is not to add to her clients’ problems but to help them to divorce with dignity and successfully move on with their lives.
- Complex medium to high net worth divorces and dissolution of civil partnerships; some of which have involved an international aspect
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Pre-Civil Partnership Agreements
- Living Together/Cohabitee Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Declaratory Trust Deeds
- Cohabitee/Relationship Disputes and claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- Financial claims made against an estate by a surviving spouse and/or dependant
- Leave to permanently remove children outside the UK
- Child arrangements following breakdown of relationships
- Disputes concerning the arrangements for children
- Skilfully advising and negotiating financial settlements to avoid costly court battles
- Securing a significant lump sum for a wife in a childless marriage of only four months where the parties were both working full-time earning similar incomes and had no joint assets
- Securing a significant lump sum for a surviving spouse whose husband had secretly transferred his sole ownership in the former matrimonial home to his daughter from a previous marriage and made no provisions for her in his Will
- Securing a pre-marital asset and chargeable interest in the former matrimonial home on a clean break basis for a husband in a lengthy marriage with three dependent children
- Securing an Order for sale, reimbursement of mortgage interest and capital payments made over a period of more than 10 years, as well as a significant cost order for a client in a Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees case
- Acting in high court proceedings in relation to children matters where a child has been made a ward of the court and/or is at threat of abduction
- Representing a mother in a leave to permanently remove case where after meticulous cross-examination of the father, leave was granted contrary to the clear recommendation of the CAFCASS Officer to refuse mother’s application
Previous Law Firms
- Collaborative and Family Law Consultant Solicitor at Taylor Rose TTKW Limited
(Top 75 UK Law Firm)
- Family Law Partner at TV Edwards LLP (Legal 500 Law Firm)
- Associate Solicitor at Pearson Maddin (now Pearson Hards)
- Trainee and Assistant Solicitor at Balogun Kirvan
- University of Westminster
- College of Law, Guildford