"I want to take this moment to thank you ever so much for all of your efforts at the hearing yesterday. You pulled out all the stops for me and I really appreciate this.
I believe the hearing went well and better than what I was expecting. The anxiety and sleepless nights paid off, along with my determination within the process. You have been the driving force behind me with your professional and thorough approach to every detail. For this I am grateful."
"I have experienced many emotions, difficulties and traumas over this period, but your advice, assistance and professional support has been exemplary. With all the other issues I have had to deal with it has been extremely comforting to know that my legal affairs and the divorce proceedings have been confidently dealt with. I will continue to remember with fondness our discussions and laughter in the midst of what was a painful and difficult situation."
"Michelle is knowledgeable and professional. She helped me through my difficult time, and I have no reservations about recommending her."
"Michelle is highly effective and able, and supplied excellent and timely legal support at a critical time in my life. I heartily recommend her."
"Michelle thank you. You have enabled us to have a brighter future. We appreciate all your hard work."
Michelle qualified as a Solicitor in November 1997 and is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Complex Financial Remedies and Private Children Law matters. As a trained Collaborative Family Lawyer, which is a Dispute Resolution process, Michelle assists her clients in resolving their matters amicably by avoiding costly court battles. Should the intervention of the court be necessary, Michelle is a skilful advocate who is able to represent her clients throughout the court process. Having experienced the divorce process herself and since re-married, Michelle’s aim is not to add to her clients’ problems but to help them to divorce with dignity and successfully move on with their lives.
- Complex medium to high net worth divorces and dissolution of civil partnerships; some of which have involved an international aspect
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Pre-Civil Partnership Agreements
- Living Together/Cohabitee Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Declaratory Trust Deeds
- Cohabitee/Relationship Disputes and claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- Financial claims made against an estate by a surviving spouse and/or dependant
- Leave to permanently remove children outside the UK
- Child arrangements following breakdown of relationships
- Disputes concerning the arrangements for children
- Skilfully advising and negotiating financial settlements to avoid costly court battles
- Securing a significant lump sum for a wife in a childless marriage of only four months where the parties were both working full-time earning similar incomes and had no joint assets
- Securing a significant lump sum for a surviving spouse whose husband had secretly transferred his sole ownership in the former matrimonial home to his daughter from a previous marriage and made no provisions for her in his Will
- Securing a pre-marital asset and chargeable interest in the former matrimonial home on a clean break basis for a husband in a lengthy marriage with three dependent children
- Securing an Order for sale, reimbursement of mortgage interest and capital payments made over a period of more than 10 years, as well as a significant cost order for a client in a Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees case
- Acting in high court proceedings in relation to children matters where a child has been made a ward of the court and/or is at threat of abduction
- Representing a mother in a leave to permanently remove case where after meticulous cross-examination of the father, leave was granted contrary to the clear recommendation of the CAFCASS Officer to refuse mother’s application
Previous Law Firms
- Collaborative and Family Law Consultant Solicitor at Taylor Rose TTKW Limited
(Top 75 UK Law Firm)
- Family Law Partner at TV Edwards LLP (Legal 500 Law Firm)
- Associate Solicitor at Pearson Maddin (now Pearson Hards)
- Trainee and Assistant Solicitor at Balogun Kirvan
- University of Westminster
- College of Law, Guildford