Paul is a financial services regulatory specialist with over 15 years’ experience. He has a wealth of experience, both in private practice and in-house. Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, he worked as a regulator at the Financial Services Authority and one of its predecessors, the Personal Investment Authority. Since qualifying as a solicitor, Paul has focused on financial services regulatory work at a number of prominent law firms. He has also worked in-house in a compliance role at an investment bank and in the legal team of global bank’s wealth management arm.
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a US Treasuries trading platform about UK regulatory requirements and content of its terms of business.
- Advising a global provider of the banking and payments technologies about the impact of the Payment Services Regulations on the company’s business.
- Advising a UK platform and advisory services firm about the regulatory implications of its business acquisition programme.
Previous Law Firms
- Ford & Warren
- Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- Rosenblatt Solicitors
- Eversheds LLP
- Financial Services Authority/Personal Investment Authority
- Standard Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Leicester University (1994 LLB)
- Universita degli Studi di Modena (Erasmus programme 1993)
- College of Law, Chester (1995 LPC)