Originally from Ireland, Peter now divides his time between London and Geneva, and to a lesser extent Dublin.
Peter specialises in providing legal and tax advice to individuals and families, with most of his work involving at least two jurisdictions. He focuses on tax planning, succession planning, and asset protection for internationally mobile clients who have interests across the world.
Peter is also capable of dealing with French and German language assignments and (with the help of his colleague Welmoed Rutgers, Dutch matters), but his clients come from all over the world.
We do not name our clients, but they originate from countries such as France, Belgium, Germany, Australia, the US, Canada, Brazil, Ireland – as well as the UK and others.
- Peter has been in professional practice since 1982 when he joined pwc as a trainee, becoming a partner there in 1989. He has lived and worked in Ireland, Belgium, the Czech Republic and the UK, and on a “fly-in” basis in numerous other countries.
- Spent 20 years specialising in international corporate tax, but in 2005 when he requalified as a solicitor in England & Wales, Peter decided to specialise in Private Client matters and has done so ever since.
- In 2013 he blew the whistle on misconduct and dishonesty by the lead partner in his former firm. The partner was subsequently found guilty by the Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal and struck off the roll.
Previous Law Firms
- Cubism Law
- Maitland Hudson & Co LLP
- Kerman & Co LLP
- Penningtons Solicitors LLP
- Pricewaterhousecoopers (law and accounting firm)
- BCL (law) degree from University College Dublin
- Barrister (Rep of Ireland)
- Solicitor (Rep of Ireland)
- Solicitor (England & Wales)
- Inscribed under my title of origin at the Paris Bar (currently inactive)