Undisputed business to business debts
Where your claim relates to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed, we will charge at the rates set out in the table below.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt Value||Court issue fee||Our fee (exl. VAT)|
|Up to £5,000||£35- £205||Charged at an hourly rate of £144 inc VAT. Our fee typically ranges from £600 – £960 inc VAT.|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£455||Charged at an hourly rate of £216 inc VAT. Our fee typically ranges from £1,200 – £3,000 inc VAT.|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5% of the value of the claim||Charged at an hourly rate of £264 inc VAT. Our fee typically ranges from £3,000 – £7,200 inc VAT.|
|£50,001- £100,000||5% of the value of the claim||Charged at an hourly rate of £336 inc VAT. Our fee typically ranges from £3,000 – £18,000 inc VAT.|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs