“I have worked Amanda for over 16 years and she has assisted me purchasing, selling and refinancing over 100 units in the region of £20 Million in value. She has proved to be exceptionally talented in dealing with complex property issues, managing very tight deadlines and liaising with 3rd party commercial banks in a highly competent manner whilst remaining calm in any given situation. She seems to have a talent for resolving problems into a workable solution. I have recommended her to many friends and colleagues over the years who have found her to be excellent.”
“Amanda has a very proactive approach to her work, she is diligent and a good listener who cares for the needs of her clients.”
”For me, the solicitor needs to be professional with friendly advice, accurate with ease of reach, prestigious with reasonable cost. I found all of this with the service offered by Amanda Hodgson.”
“I was very happy with the way Amanda dealt with my refinance, we had to work within a very short timescale and Amanda was very dedicated in her approach and prioritised my matter which allowed completion to take place within the required timescale.”
“Amanda was very patient dealing with my employment case which was a very stressful experience. She talked me through the issues and was able to achieve an excellent result.”
Amanda has over 18 years’ experience in Real Estate and is also a specialist Employment Lawyer. She has gained significant experience working internationally and regularly acts for clients based in the Middle East, in their acquisitions of UK Real Estate.
Amanda acts for property developers and assists with complex commercial development refinancing. She also has experience advising on all forms of commercial leases for business units, including hair and beauty salons, dry cleaning businesses, restaurants and dental practices, along with significant experience in the purchase of mixed-use properties and residential nursing homes.
Amanda is also able to provide advice on both statutory and voluntary lease extensions and leasehold enfranchisement and has experience advising clients in relation to possession proceedings, eviction and general landlord and tenant disputes.
Amanda also holds a Masters’ degree with Commendation in Employment Law. She advises both individuals and businesses in Employment Law and is particularly specialised in negotiating generous settlement payments for clients to avoid lengthy proceedings.
Amanda has received international and UK press interest in relation to various employment law cases.
Amanda Advises on
- Acquisitions of sites & land for development
- Commercial leases & lease renewals
- Acquisition & sale of businesses as a going concern
- Mixed Use properties
- Prime off-plan residential purchases
- Commercial & Residential Refinancing
- Freehold & Leasehold acquisition
- Advising on internal disputes & grievances
- Race and disability discrimination
- Drafting & advising on employment contracts, service and consultancy agreements
- Negotiating Severance Terms
- Bullying & Harassment
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- High Court Appeals
- General settlement agreements
- Unfair dismissal
- The acquisition and finance of three adjoining plots of development land in the Peak District with current planning permission to build circa 140 houses.
- The acquisition of a £6m Nursing Home and Gate House in Oxfordshire involving negotiating the terms of a complex Share Purchase Agreement and advising on Property, Employment law and complex financing with the lender.
- The refinance of an entire property portfolio of buy to let properties.
- The purchase of seven adjoining houses for circa £3m, including dealing with complex finance enquiries. The client subsequently instructed us to create 18 new residential leases with a current site value of £9m.
- The acquisition of rear garden land to build 6 residential units.
- The acquisition of residential property in Surrey which was later demolished to build 6 semi-detached houses.
- The acquisition of mixed-use premises for use as a ground floor estate agency with residential units above, including the preparation of both commercial and residential leases and dealing with complex finance enquiries.
- The grant of a new lease for a hair and beauty salon business.
- The acquisition of mixed-use premises in Maida Vale for circa £2m which involved advising the client in respect of both the commercial unit and 8 residential tenanted units.
- The acquisition of a church, vicarage and church hall for circa £1.7m owned by the Church Commissioners for England. The transaction involved varying restrictive covenants, charity law, drafting leases and advising and negotiating overage provisions.
- The purchase of a share and lease assignment of a Wimbledon dental practice.
- Acted for a claimant in a complex case of unfair constructive dismissal and disability discrimination at Central London Employment Tribunal, achieving a significant award of compensation covering, loss of earnings, injury to feelings and personal injury.
- Successfully acted for a claimant in a claim of race discrimination and unfair dismissal achieving an exceptional award of compensation.
- Successfully negotiated with Respondents, prior to tribunal proceedings to achieve a high award of compensation for a claimant in a disability discrimination claim.
- Successfully negotiated a significant tax efficient compensatory package for a client claiming disability discrimination.