Angela is a highly experienced Employment Lawyer covering the full spectrum of employment law advice and support. She has particular expertise in business protection work, which includes obtaining and defending High Court Injunctions and drafting restrictive covenants.
- Traditional manufacturing businesses
- A major international accountancy firm
- Football clubs
- Social housing organisations
- A large stately home trust
- A reported case in the High Court. DORMA UK Limited v Bateman & Ors (2015).
- The High Court granted an unusual springboard injunction in her client’s favour, against a team of ex-employees to restrain them from working for a competitor, and from poaching customers or employees, in the terms of restrictive covenants found in only one of their employment contracts. It also granted injunctions to protect DORMA’s confidential information.
- Dunkley & Ors v Kostal UK Ltd: seminal decision on scope of s.145B (inducements to come out of collective bargaining). The Company is in the process of appealing both liability and remedy at the EAT in what will be the first authoritative decision on this area of law.
- Undertaking complex investigations and appeals as an independent investigator for a major public body in what is very high-profile work.
- Defending a commercial client against multiple claims of discrimination and whistle-blowing, eventually having the Claimant’s claims struck out before an 8-day hearing took place.
- Drafting and negotiating service contracts for managers and other coaching staff in football clubs from the Premier League to League One.
Previous Law Firms
- Hill Dickinson LLP, Legal Director, Employment and Pensions Department
- Gordons LLP, Leeds
- Irwin Mitchell, Sheffield
- Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, Chester
- Common Professional Examination, College of Law, Chester
- BA Honours Degree in American Studies, University of Manchester
- Study at University of Illinois, USA