Antonia advises on two major areas of law. First, on the acquisition, development, funding and letting of commercial property. She specialises in property development work, both residential, commercial and mixed use. Secondly Antonia advises in the realm of private wealth especially for offshore high net worth individuals with complex vehicles. She also has an expertise in s5 issues and residential lease extensions. Antonia acts for a wide variety of clients, from property developers, investors, businesses of all sizes to individuals, hoteliers and funds. She has extensive experience of advising public sector and not-for-profit clients and of utilising her private sector development experience to protect and promote client interests.
Antonia also works with the private capital group to advise on IHT, SDLT and tax efficient structuring for property transactions. Antonia has regularly featured in the Legal 500 and the Surveyors 500 as being a “leading practitioner” in the commercial property field.
- Property developers
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Advising Mount Anvil Plc on the purchase of East End Mission, Commercial Road, E1, a mixed tenure apartment scheme for 100 homes and 4,600 sq ft of commercial space. The development has been funded by the disposal of the apartment scheme to a housing association and a private flat developer and the leaseback of commercial space to the original owner. Mount Anvil is constructing/refurbishing both the residential, private and affordable residential schemes and the commercial space.
- Advising Mount Anvil Plc on the acquisition of land by way of joint venture with a major Registered Social Landlord for a mixed-use development.
- Advising Deptford Creative Consortium on its proposed acquisition of 55,000 sq ft of premises to be developed as part of an exciting development for creative entities at Deptford Creek, the premises to include a theatre, dance studios, study areas etc.
- Advising Cathedral Group Plc on the £50m mixed use regeneration of Deptford Rise. The development features a landmark residential block designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour (formerly Richard Rogers), the restoration of the only listed carriage ramp in the country, a new railway station and a branded market. Advising Urban Golf, the virtual golf club, on its central London development in Smithfield Street. The 7,500 sq ft venue, designed by Squire & Partners, includes eight golfing simulators, a licensed bar and private coaching spaces, and offers an innovative alternative to the corporate golf day.
- Various transactions for the Metropolitan Police Authority including the acquisition and single building outsourcing of the 30-storey Empress State building which is headquarters for several departments of the MPA.
- Advising the National Tenants’ Resource Centre, a charity offering training to tenants of premises in disadvantaged communities, on the acquisition and development of a residential conference centre.
- Advising Cathedral Group Plc on the acquisition of a University of Greenwich hall of residence and subsequent management agreement and other transactions.
- Advising Mount Anvil Plc on the purchase of a proposed canalside development in Islington, together with a pre-sale of part of the site to Family Mosaic Housing Association. The purchase was made with planning consent for 108 canal side apartments plus circa 30,000 sq ft of commercial floor space, to include a restaurant and a basement car park.
Previous Law Firms
- University College London