Daniel Rubie specialises in advising high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals on their residential property purchases and sales; he also has substantial lease extension and enfranchisement expertise.
I work with a lot of lawyers and Dan has been utterly fantastic throughout – head and shoulders above the crowd. Having been party to the emails going back and forth between the lawyers, I would estimate that when it came to the crunch, Dan was replying to the buyers solicitors’ emails on average within a couple of minutes and the tone was always spot on. He picked up his phone every single time I called, well into the evening. The sign of someone who really cares about the job they do, and the best interests of their clients.
“Many thanks to you for the usual efficient manner you dealt with our house purchase. Greatly appreciated."
Daniel qualified in 2004 and has since acted in relation to a wide variety of property transactions, including investment portfolio work, retail and office space, development acquisition and resale, property financing and property management. He is experienced in acting for both landlords and tenants and often acts in relation to the property aspects of large corporate transactions. Daniel Is also well-versed in acting on high value acquisitions and disposals for both onshore and offshore high net worth individuals and companies.
- High-Net worth individuals
- Offshore Corporations
- UK Limited Companies and LLP’s
- Acting for a HNW private individual in the £40m acquisition of four apartments located in the UK, together with associated tax advice.
- Acting for a HNW private individual on the £17m acquisition of a prime central London apartment, together with a Licence to Alter.
- Acting for a development company on the acquisition of a mixed-use development site in Chelsea for £10m and then in relation to the onward off plan sales of individual units within the development.
- Acting for a property investment company in relation to various acquisitions and disposals of prime central London property, with a total value in excess of £50m.
- Acting for a UK based developer in partnership in relation to the £15.5m sale of a residential property in Holland Park. The sale included complex overage provisions.
- Acting for the estate of a deceased individual in relation to the sale of a flat on Upper Belgrave Street for £2.9m.
- Advising an offshore individual on the acquisition of a portfolio of apartments within a central London development with individual values ranging to £5m.
- Acting for a development company on the acquisition and subsequent development of a house on the Cadogan Estate for £19m.
- Advising an offshore individual on the sale of a developed family home in Notting Hill for £5.5m.
- Advising a private individual on the acquisition of an apartment within a prime London development for £3m.
- Advising a purchaser on the off-plan acquisition of two residential properties in a single central London development with a combined value of over £10m.
- Acting for a private individual in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of flats and mews houses within The Knightsbridge with individual apartment values ranging to £15m.
- Advising an offshore individual on the acquisition and complex enfranchisement of a house on the Belgravia Estate for £3.8m.
- Advising IIFL (India Infoline Limited) in relation to their office relocation.
- Advising a development company in relation to the acquisition of a site for £11m with financing and the onward off plan sales of the individual units.
- Acting for an offshore trust in relation to the sale of a property in Thurloe Square for £10m.
- Acting for offshore companies in relation to transfers of various properties out of the corporate structures and into the ownership of the ultimate beneficiaries.
Previous Law Firms
- 2011 Fladgate LLP, Partner (Head of Residential Property)
- Gregson, Solicitor
- Kingston University
- Wellington College