We would like to say a sincere 'Thank You' for the work you did throughout the run up to the hearing and in particular last week. We were truly impressed with the quality of your work and wanted to say how much we appreciated your dedication and commitment.
Chris has over 25 years’ experience in dealing with the issues resulting from financial distress in business – restructuring, corporate recovery, insolvency and related work. He is a positive influence in a crisis and a true trusted advisor to clients.
Chris is rated in the legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers as a “great resource for complex aspects of insolvency law” and considered to be “tenacious and thorough in his approach” as well as “extremely approachable, calm and very pragmatic”.
- Companies and their directors; professional services firms and their members in restructurings, financial turnaround, business sales and purchases as well as litigation in distressed and insolvent scenarios;
- Insolvency practitioners in the realisation of corporate assets through sales transactions
- Insolvency practitioners in the investigation of corporate fraud and ensuing recovery litigation;
- Creditors in the recovery of debts and enforcement of security rights;
- Financial affairs of insolvent (former) high net worth individuals and deceased individuals.
- Doorbar v Alltime Securities (1993) – Court of Appeal, Chairman’s valuation of prospective/contingent claims in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement;
- TSB Bank plc v Marshall & Rodgers (1999) – first reported case on enforcement of equitable mortgage under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996;
- Fennell v Halliwells LLP (2013) – exercise of Court’s discretion to allow proceedings to be issued against a firm in liquidation to determine a former member’s rights.
- Insolvent Deceased Estates – acted on numerous petitions and estates and lectured for R3.
- Hiding in the shadows
- New legislation on company directors
Previous Law Firms
- Irwin Mitchell 2002-2013, Partner in Leeds and Manchester, setting up Corporate Recovery and Insolvency department in Manchester
- Hammonds – Associate 2000-2002
- Eversheds – Associate 1998-2000
- Adams & Remers – solicitor 1995-1998
- Isadore Goldman – solicitor 1992-1995
- University of Reading, Law, LLB Hons – (2:1)
- College of Law, Guildford
- Eastbourne College