George’s in-depth knowledge of banking and asset based lending together with her commerciality, integrity, personable nature and self-motivation, make her a delight to work with and an asset to any client.
George gave us comfort in terms of her technical knowledge and the way she presented issues. She was practical and pragmatic. George did a really good job particularly in the way she explained the complex issues that our customer was unfamiliar with.
George is great at getting deals done. She’s commercial, she understands finance and she understands business. George is also interested in a borrower’s business, whether she’s acting for a borrower or a lender, to ensure that a deal is structured appropriately and will work commercially for all sides.
George has a broad based practice and has significant experience in leveraged finance (and in particular, MBOs and MBIs), asset based lending (including receivables financing, inventory, plant and machinery, property and cashflow loans) and real estate finance. George advises on all aspects of new and existing asset based and traditional banking facilities and related security and intercreditor issues. George acts for clients both in relation to the writing of new business and the restructuring of existing facilities in a distressed and non-performing situation.
George’s practice also includes advising clients on all aspects of corporate treasury, hedging and derivative matters. George advises banks, building societies and corporate clients on their hedging and wholesale funding requirements (including commercial paper and EMTN programmes) and negotiates all aspects of ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA documentation together with documentation such as Custody Agreements and Issuing and Paying Agency Agreements.
George has also advised numerous financial institutions in relation to EMIR legislation and requirements and the clearing and reporting of OTC derivatives.
- Building societies
- Large Corporations
- Corporate borrowers
- Financial institutions
- Asset based lenders
- Private equity houses
- Advising CitiBank N.V., London Branch in its capacity as hedge counterparty in respect of finance linked swaps to be entered into between CitiBank N.V., London Branch and a borrower group relating to a £42,282,500 real estate finance facility. The transaction involved the negotiation of the facilities agreement, intercreditor deed and security documentation on behalf of the hedge counterparty, together with the ISDA Master Agreements, corresponding schedules and confirmations for each borrower.
- Advising Barclays Bank PLC and HSBC Bank plc in the provision of senior debt facilities of £38,000,000 to a newco backed by Inflexion Private Equity Partners LLP to fund the acquisition of Soil Machine Dynamics Limited, a leading manufacturer of remotely controlled subsea vehicles, used all over the world.
- Advising a corporate client in relation to the acquisition of three target companies and the provision of asset based lending based acquisition funds of £50,000,000, including invoice discounting and plant and machinery lines.
- Advising a Yorkshire based PLC in relation to its syndicated banking facilities and all aspects of its hedging and treasury transactions.
Previous Law Firms
- Addleshaw Goddard, Legal Director: Banking and Finance (2001 – 2013)
- Steiner Academy Leeds (2014–present), Governor – currently a development project in Leeds aiming for a new free school to open in September 2016 to offer inclusive, creative and ambitious education for children from Reception to Year 11
- Support After Rape and Sexual Violence Leeds (2014 – present), Member of the Steering Committee of this Leeds based charity supporting woman and girl survivors of rape and sexual violence
- Solicitors Regulation Authority, External Examiner for Nottingham Law School (2007 – 2010)
- HSBC Bank plc (2006) Specialised Financing Team, secondee
- Barclays Bank PLC (2002), Business Banking Legal, secondee
- University of Leeds – Bachelor of Laws (LLB hons)
- Nottingham Law School – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice