George's in-depth knowledge of banking and asset based lending together with her commerciality, integrity, personable nature and self-motivation, make her a delight to work with and an asset to any client.
George gave us comfort in terms of her technical knowledge and the way she presented issues. She was practical and pragmatic. George did a really good job particularly in the way she explained the complex issues that our customer was unfamiliar with.
Personal service and going beyond the call of duty to get deals done make gunnercooke an outstanding legal partner. In particular, Georgina Tripp and her team are a refreshing change to the legal profession.
Legal 500 2022
Georgina Tripp is the standout partner — Georgina brings the right balance of legal expertise and practical help to the most complex of matters. She is the foremost expert capital markets lawyer with comprehensive knowledge of funding programmes documentation. She knows how to get things done, the detail and the timescales.
Legal 500 2022
George is great at getting deals done. She is commercial, she understands finance and she understands business. She is also interested in a borrower’s business, whether she is acting for a borrower or a lender, to ensure that a deal is structured appropriately and will work commercially for all sides.
George has a broad-based practice and has significant experience in leveraged finance (in particular, MBOs and MBIs), asset-based lending (including receivables financing, inventory, plant and machinery, property and cashflow loans) and real estate finance. George advises on all aspects of new and existing asset based and traditional banking facilities and related security and intercreditor issues. She acts for clients both in relation to the writing of new business and the restructuring of existing facilities in a distressed and non-performing situation.
George’s practice also includes advising clients on all aspects of corporate treasury, hedging and derivative matters. She advises banks, building societies and corporate clients on their hedging and wholesale funding requirements (including commercial paper and EMTN programmes) and negotiates all aspects of ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA documentation together with documentation such as Custody Agreements and Issuing and Paying Agency Agreements.
George has also advised numerous financial institutions in relation to EMIR legislation and requirements and the clearing and reporting of OTC derivatives.
- Building societies
- Large Corporations
- Corporate borrowers
- Financial institutions
- Asset based lenders
- Private equity houses
- Advising Calveton UK on the acquisition of the business and assets of Byron Burgers (in administration) alongside Three Hills Capital Partners
- Advising BZ Commercial Finance in respect of the acquisition of Oak Furnitureland Group by Davidson Kempner Capital management LP, with funding to the group being provided by DZ Commercial Finance
- Advising the Johnsey Group on their property investment facility with Lloyds Bank plc
- Advising Santander UK Plc on the refinance and funding of the MBO of Beaucare Medical Supplies
- Acting for Skipton Building Society on the annual update of its £2,000,000,000 EMTN Programme and the subsequent issuance of £350,000,000 senior non-preferred reset notes
- Advising Jet2 PLC in relation to all aspects of its hedging and treasury transactions.
Previous Law Firms
- Addleshaw Goddard, Legal Director: Banking and Finance (2001–13)
- Calvin Capital Limited/Calisen PLC (2015–present): senior lawyer and acting Head of Legal (maternity cover)
- Support After Rape and Sexual Violence Leeds (2014–21): Director, Trustee, Company Secretary at the Leeds Rape Crisis centre
- Steiner Academy Leeds (2014–15): Governor — a development project in Leeds aiming for a new free school to open in Leeds to offer inclusive, creative and ambitious education for children from Reception to Year 11
- Solicitors Regulation Authority, External Examiner for Nottingham Law School (2007–10)
- HSBC Bank plc (2006): Specialised Financing Team, secondee
- Barclays Bank PLC (2002): Business Banking Legal, secondee
- University of Leeds — Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons)
- Nottingham Law School — Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice