I have referred several of my client's to Howard to assist with various property issues. My clients have been very pleased with Howard's knowledge, professionalism and pragmatic advice. I would be happy to introduce Howard to my client's again as the need arises.
Julian Lewis & Co
Howard is clearly an extremely capable and affable individual with a vast degree of legal and associated knowledge. He is very well connected and would be a great benefit to any company or indeed individual in terms of his wealth of experience in legal and associated spheres of expertise. I wish him continued success.
Paul Jeffries LLP
I found Howard to be excellent in landlord and tenant law. He translates complicated legal matters into simple words that are easy to grasp and therefore provides you with the ability to make straightforward decisions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.
Steven Feldman Associates
Howard is an experienced city commercial property lawyer with over 30 years’ practice in commercial real estate. He is experienced in acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant in a wide range of commercial investment property mixed-use tenure, corporate support and property finance/securitisation and commercial property portfolio management. Howard has built a reputation for taking a personal, commercial, conscientious and pragmatic approach to serving the needs of clients. He recognises the importance of liaising with clients extensively throughout, delivering on time and within their cost guidelines and regularly receives excellent positive client feedback.
- Owners, landlords, tenants and occupiers
- Private and commercial landlords, tenants and investors
- Lenders and investment funds
- Portfolio management companies
- Small to medium-sized developers
- Private and commercial investment trusts
- Institutional and property asset management funds
- SIPP’s and other investor vehicles
- Corporate support and restructuring
- Land estates and agricultural
- Secured lending
- Residential developers
- Estate management
- Acting on the pre-packaged administration and purchase of the business of the old Parry Group Limited, with Meyer Brown acting for the liquidator and Bermans for Shawbrook. Facilities were arranged and agreed with Shawbrook across all of the property from the, by then, liquidators of Mazars alongside the gunnercooke restructuring team.
- Advising on client purchase of a central London building through an SPV and on subsequent conditional £10-12m re-development with the gunnercooke corporate team.
- Advising on the surrender of existing HQ lease and the grant of new HQ office suite lease for The Internet Group from Legal & General Property Partners (Life Fund).
- Acting for Cockpit Arts on the Cockpit Arts Open Studios multi-award-winning incubator hub multi-occupational site including several significant site lease renewals and management issues with London Borough of Camden and advising the client during landlord redevelopment.
- Advising a charity client on post-contractual breaches of adjoining land.
- Advised Taylor Woodrow PLC on letting and management of the Delta Business Park Swindon and Cascades Shopping Centre Portsmouth food court.
- Advised on sales and purchases of investment properties for major trading plc with secured financing from RBS.
- Acting for major supermarket on various acquisitions disposals and management.
- Advised Severn Trent Water/Black Country Development Corporation on several property portfolio sites.
- Acting and advising on restructure, lettings and ultimately the sale of freehold investment building at auction in Streatham for a private family trust.
Previous Law Firms
- Claremont Richards
- Solicitors (boutique City of London commercial property practice)
- Simmons & Simmons
- Berwin Leighton Paisner
- University of Westminster (BA)
- College of Law (London)
- University College School, London