James is a litigation specialist sitting in a team with a focus on creative strategies for dispute resolution rather than escalation.
He is experienced in company and commercial disputes, financial services litigation and property disputes. This practice has regularly seen him advise on commercially and reputationally sensitive matters for clients ranging from individuals to financial services institutions.
James has experience of acting for a range of clients in the High Court, County Court and various forms of ADR including mediation.
- SMEs and larger companies
- High net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs
- Directors and shareholders
- Financial services institutions
- Acting for a leading professional in a reputation management matter relating to a Sunday broadsheet newspaper’s front-page story.
- Represented a high net worth individual in a £4m negligence claim against a ‘big four’ accountancy firm.
- Represented a financial services institution in a high-profile claim in relation to allegations of widespread fraud.
- Acting in a mediated settlement relating to an ownership dispute in respect of an infrastructure company.
- Numerous high value and complex debt and commercial/residential possession claims.
- Numerous property disputes including those relating to forfeiture, secured lending, injunctions, nuisance, breach of covenant, landlord and tenant.
Previous Law Firms
- Stephenson Law, Solicitor
- GL Law, Solicitor
- TLT LLP, Solicitor
- Liverpool John Moores University, LPC
- Liverpool John Moores University, GDL
- University of York – BA (hons)