“John understands our business and provides clear, practical advice and first class support in relation to all our property development and corporate requirements."
John is a Corporate and Commercial Partner with around 40 years experience in the legal industry, qualified in Scotland, England and Wales, and Ireland.
Having had experience in local government, industry and large law firms, John can provide expert advice on a range of corporate/ commercial matters and property development, specialising in renewable energy. He acts for a number of renewable energy companies including international companies which develop hydroelectric, wind, and solar developments throughout the UK.
- Renewables industry
- International companies
- Corporate buyers, sellers and groups
- Instructing Solicitor for Manchester Airport plc in the Manchester Aircrash Coroners Inquiry 1986;
- Instructing Solicitor for Manchester Airport plc in the Planning Inquiry for the Second Terminal Development at Manchester Airport;
- Major contracts for GEC Plessey Telecommunications in Europe, South America, and Asia for the supply of telecommunications equipment;
- Sale of a UK solar park developer to a major Chinese company;
- Sale of UK port and manufacturing facility to major German company;
- Restructure and funding of a Group of international renewable energy companies in the UK;
- Development of hydroelectric schemes, wind farms, and solar park developments in the UK for UK and international companies, including the acquisition of companies owning developed schemes.
Previous Law Firms
- Director-Corporate/ Commercial, Aughton Ainsworth Limited Manchester
- Corporate/Commercial Partner, Freeths LLP Manchester
- Corporate/Commercial Partner, Glaisyers LLP Manchester
- Corporate/Commercial Equity Partner, Pannone LLP Manchester
- Corporate/Commercial Equity Partner, Boyds Solicitors Glasgow
Previous In House Positions
- Legal Adviser -The Co-operative Bank plc, Manchester
- Company Solicitor, Colorvision plc), Liverpool
- Legal Advisor, GEC Plessey Telecommunications, Liverpool
- Principal Solicitor, Manchester City Council
- Assistant Solicitor, Winchester City Council
- Manchester Metropolitan University (BA(Law) 2:1)
- Liverpool John Moores University (Solicitors Finals)
- University of Warwick (LLM)
- Open University Business School (MBA)
- The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (Intra UK Transfer Test)