Ken has over 30 years’ experience of resolving property litigation disputes and extensive specialised experience of dealing with the complex issues that arise on major development schemes for commercial, residential and mixed use.
Working as the “Trusted Adviser” and point of contact for developer and property investor clients on all legal issues arising on development schemes and investments so as to ensure the seamless delivery of all required legal services and a successful outcome.
- Commercial and Residential Property Developers
- Commercial Property Investors
- Commercial Property Funders
- Commercial Property Landlords and Tenants
- On the Kings Cross Central (Argent) redevelopment advising one of the two land owners in securing vacant possession of the full site prior to injection of the land holding into the Argent redevelopment scheme.
- Advising a shopping centre investor on a number of redevelopment schemes and management issues and in particular advising on and securing full vacant possession of the former Bolton Market Hall as part of a redevelopment to expand the Bolton Market Place Shopping Centre.
- Advising the former developer of Smithfield Market, London on numerous issues regarding the proposed redevelopment of part of Smithfield Market.
- Advising developers on two separate large-scale marina (including residential and commercial mixed use) development schemes.
- Advising on the redevelopment of the Former C&A flagship store in Oxford Street London and successfully bringing a High Court claim against the freeholder for unreasonable refusal of licence to permit alterations and licence for change of use.
- Acting for a residential developer/house builder on a substantial Option Agreement arbitration resulting in a highly beneficial outcome for the client.
- Working on a continuing basis as “Trusted Advisor” for a residential developer/house builder reporting directly to the Executive Chairman on potential contentious issues in their business.
- Advising a student accommodation developer on the development of a substantial student accommodation scheme and managing the delivery of the full legal process on the development from acquisition, through construction, occupation, management and disposal of the asset.
Previous Law Firms
- Ashfords LLP – Partner
- DAC Beachcroft – Consultant
- Davies Arnold Cooper LLP – Partner, Head of Property Litigation
- KSB Law – Partner, Managing Partner, Head of Commercial Property
- University of Southampton – LLB