Melanie has 30 years’ experience acting on commercial property transactions for a broad range of clients. She develops strong relationships through her proactive commercial advice, her tenacity in negotiating the way through difficult issues and by delivering her clients’ objectives in the timescale they require.
She deals with all sectors of the property industry on:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Joint Ventures
- Asset management
- Institutional property funds
- Private equity investors
- Property companies
- High net worth individuals
- Asset managers
- Acted on the acquisition and management of shopping centres for JVs between private asset management company and private equity investors.
- Acted for a US investor in relation to acquisitions of industrial investments for conversion to last mile logistics depots in strategic locations in outer London.
- Acted for a private property partnership on the sale of prime restaurant and residential investment in Mayfair.
- Acted for a listed property fund on the site acquisition, development and sale of a powered shell data centre in the Isle of Dogs, London.
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund in connection with the redevelopment and letting of a business park in Staines.
- Acted for a listed property fund in connection with the site acquisition, development and letting of student accommodation in Durham and Kingston Upon Thames.
- Acted for a private property company on sale of development site in Guildford with the benefit of planning permission for mixed use development to national housebuilder with part of the consideration being the grant of 999 year leaseback of the commercial space.
- Acted for an institutional fund on the acquisition of 50% stake in Princesshay Shopping Centre Exeter from Land Securities plc.
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of part of Smithfield Market and Caxton House in London and development agreements with the Corporation of the City of London.
- Acted for an institutional fund in connection with the acquisition, funding and development of a site at Waterloo for Premier Inns.
- Acted for an institutional property fund in the acquisition of a mixed-use building in Jermyn Street, London SW1 from Alfred Dunhill Limited and an agreement for its redevelopment and lease back of the retail elements to Dunhill.
- Led the team acting for a private property company in the acquisition and financing a number of office investments in the City of London.
- Acted for a private property company in the acquisition of a portfolio of c.50 former petrol filling stations.
- Advised US fund in connection with the acquisition and funding of £67.3m worth of institutional investment properties.
- Led the team advising US fund in connection with the negotiation of a joint venture agreement with Goodman Group to acquire up to £1billion worth of developed logistics investments in the UK and Continental Europe.
- Acted for institutional fund in the acquisition of a mixed-use development site at the Regent Quarter Kings Cross and its development jointly with P&O Estates.
- Acted for institutional fund on the acquisition of retail warehouse parks in Swansea, Wrexham and Manchester.
Previous Law firms
- K&L Gates, LLP
- Nicholson Graham & Jones, LLP
- Brecher & Co
- D J Freeman
- Campbell Hooper
- Durrant Piesse
- The College of Law
- Queen Mary University of London