Michael is a real estate solicitor with over 25 years’ experience. He has advised clients from almost every part of the real estate industry, from institutional investors, banks and major corporates through to family offices and private individuals. He provides a personal service which is always commercially aware and seeks to help his clients to achieve their wider goals through a thorough understanding of their needs.
- International investors
- Institutional and private funds
- Corporate occupiers
- Family Offices
- High Net Worth individuals
- Advising a private real estate investment group on seven major acquisitions since 2012, including prominent sites in central London and Manchester, with a total value of over £200m.
- The substantial redevelopment of an out of town retail park in North East England, including the relocation of a supermarket, and its subsequent disposal.
- Creating overage and profit-sharing schemes in relation to the disposal by institutional funds of office buildings for development in London and Manchester.
- Acting for two financial services companies in relation to their London HQs, including negotiation of new leases and terms to exit surplus space.
- Advising an overseas-based HNWI on the acquisition of two apartments in a new luxury development in Central London at a combined value of over £22m.
- Acting for a private client on the disposal of shares in a company which owned an £8m residence in North London.
- Advising an offshore company on raising finance on, and subsequently selling, a residence in Southern England for £8.5m.
Previous Law firms
- Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP (formerly Hammonds LLP), Partner, 2005–20
- Linklaters LLP, Associate and Senior Associate, 1994–2005
- Investment Property Forum
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (founder member and Chair since 2018)