“An exceptional litigator”.
“Excellent and extremely bright, as well as very responsive and entrepreneurial in his approach”
“Particularly astute at guiding clients through the many pitfalls of litigation”
Neville has extensive experience advising on a broad range of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on contractual disputes, property litigation, fraud and investigations, insolvency and recoveries, insurance litigation, professional negligence, partnership and shareholder disputes and reputation protection.
He began his career at a highly regarded commercial law firm before founding a nationally recognised commercial litigation boutique, which he helped lead for seven years.
He advises across sectors including retail, manufacturing, hospitality/leisure, engineering, technology, media/communications and professional services.
His clients include national hotel and leisure groups, care homes, medical groups, fashion retailers, property developers and a number of high net worth individuals.
- Representing a well-known political figure in a substantial claim against a professional services firm.
- Advising on a dispute concerning environmental issues for an international sportswear retailer.
- Advising a property developer in a dispute over a failed joint venture, including defeating a claim for possession of a property pursuant to a legal charge (with arguments over ostensible authority, director’s duties and subrogation/unjust enrichment) whilst resolving the underlying shareholder dispute through a concurrent unfair prejudice petition in the High Court under the Companies Act 2006, s 994.
- Advising the owner of a manor house in a dispute with a biomass plant installer.
- Advising a pharmacist in a dispute concerning the non-payment of the deferred consideration/loan notes owed following the sale of his business to a conglomerate.
- Representing a number of the country’s largest privately owned property development companies in disputes with commercial tenants over rent arrears (including forfeiture by peaceable re-entry) and various other covenant breaches.
- Pursuing a complex claim for defamation, misuse of private information and breach of privacy against a national television broadcaster and a public service institution on behalf of a professional.
- Representing three individuals on behalf of an international corporation in a dispute with a commercial rival alleging breaches of confidentiality and restrictive covenants in employment contracts, following emergency injunction proceedings in the High Court.
- Representing a technology entrepreneur in a breach of warranty claim following his exit from a company, including litigating a novel point on the interpretation of CPR Rule 12.2 (default judgment) following defects in a request for default judgment and CPR Rule 6.7 (service technicalities) in the context of alleged defective service.
- Applying for and obtaining numerous mandatory, prohibitory and freezing injunctions, including injunctions restraining presentation and advertisement of winding-up petitions in the Companies Court (now part of the Insolvency and Companies List).
- Representing a number of retired sports professionals in disputes with insurers under policies of accident and sickness cover following career ending injuries.
- Representing a government department in the recovery of substantial pension overpayments.
Previous Law Firms
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle