"Nicholas has been courteous, efficient and very level headed in the way he has dealt with my late mother Paula’s estate through the difficulties of the pandemic. A real joy to work with in the circumstances. She would have been delighted with his service as indeed I have been."
"I'm sure they wouldn't have given me the amount of support you have. I am very happy with the great service you have given me"
"Nick was very helpful in preparing my will. The whole process quick and easy due to Nicks expertise. Nick went through every detail with me when I attended his office to sign the will, and made sure I was completely satisfied before signing. I would recommend Nick without hesitation."
"Nicholas has been a long standing advisor for me in all matters related to wills, trusts and general estate advice. He is always very responsive, sensitive, and has a very personal approach to his clients. I would have no hesitation in recommending Nick to anyone who is seeking advice in his area of expertise, and who desires a well informed advisor with a strong personal focus."
"Thank you Nick, for this superb result. So efficient, methodical and impressive. Well done!"
"I have to praise Nick for his friendly help and professional efficiency"
"I am delighted that we have reached this stage so soon after I first contacted you."
"I was seriously impressed and you will get work in the future"
"Thank you for the referral to Nick Hall who was incredibly helpful, speedy and flexible. Just what you need in a lawyer!"
"I wanted to personally thank you for being such a dream to work with... so helpful and always available. Really appreciated it"
"Nick is a lovely person to work with, thank you for lifting that weight off my shoulders"
"Thank you for helping me through some tricky legal situations recently, and for efficiently dealing with preparing our wills. Your expertise and professional approach is second to none."
"You are brilliant for getting it done so quickly thank you!"
"I can't thank Nick enough for his advice, patience and good nature"
Nick is a general private client partner with 21 years’ experience in the private client field. 7 years prior to that he worked in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, so is used to working with all nationalities, dealing with assets in England and across the Commonwealth and the world.
Most clients live and work in and around London and the home counties and he helps them across the board with drafting wills, codicils, letters of wishes as well as the preparation and registration of all types of powers of attorney with one eye always on inheritance tax planning. He advises on the issues of creating and winding up trusts, and all issues relating to care of the elderly and the protection of all levels of wealth.
His diplomatic service contacts can help when assisting in administering estates with a foreign element. At home he can advise on challenging wills and bringing and defending contested probate actions. Finally, he can advise on living wills, mental capacity issues and assisting with deputyship and other Court of Protection applications.
His aim is simply to provide a friendly and grounded approach to tackling all of today’s issues facing families and the difficult issues they face.
- Business Owners
- Domestic Clients
- Elderly Clients
- Embassies and High Commissions
- Family Offices based in London and St Petersburg
- Financial Planners
- Firms of Solicitors
- International Clients
- Overseas Estates
- Pension Advisors
- Drafting a will for clients with divorcing and/or unwell grown up children who wished to ensure that various descendants were provided for in the most tax effective manner.
- Advising a family to redirect their wealth via the use of deeds of variation and lifetime gifting to reduce what could have been a substantial inheritance tax bill.
- Administering the estate of a client who died suddenly and intestate (without a will). The estate included valuable property and assets in a few different jurisdictions. Family members had to be traced and negotiated with whilst all allowances and tax benefits were explained to the various beneficiaries given their ages.
- Advising family members after a suicide as to how best to administer the estate and dealing with HM Coroner.
- Advising clients regarding choosing the right executors, trustees and guardians and ensuring that various beneficiary’s inheritance would be protected whatever jurisdiction they were living in. Advice was taken to invest, grow and protect funds to be would be invested to protect all parties. Using a vast network of contacts build over the years in the financial services sector.
- Acting during the lifetime of a client to protect a client’s objectives to ensure the required results were obtain immediately and not during a will reading.
- Drafting and advising on “living wills” or “advance directives”.
- Resealing grants and extracting grants to the estates of those dying domiciled in many different jurisdictions.
- Advising on trust matters and drafting ancillary documentation.
- Advising on revocation and lost or partly destroyed wills.
- Advising in relation to and preparing for inquests regarding suicides.
- Advising on and drafting pension benefit, spousal bypass and life assurance trusts.
- Advising on contesting wills and bringing and defending inheritance act claims on behalf of spouses, children and dependents.
Family Affairs Checklist
Previous Law Firms
- Private Office Legal Services, Head of Private Client Services
- Seth Lovis & Co. Solicitors, Head of Private Client Services
- Lester Aldridge, Solicitor
- Davenport Lyons, Solicitor
- Moon Beever, Solicitor
- University of Coventry – Bachelor of Business Law with Honours (LLB Hons)