Philippa is a Private Client Partner with over 15 years’ experience in private client services. Philippa advises on Wills and Estate Planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Probate and Estate Administration, Deeds of Variation, Court of Protection applications and personal tax planning.
Philippa is dual qualified as a Solicitor and Chartered Tax Adviser and has gained experience in a Big Four accountancy firm. Philippa is also a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) which is the gold standard qualification in the private client area of practice.
Philippa specialises in advising entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals and their families on asset protection, succession planning and taxation together with dealing with complex estate and trust administration. Philippa takes a corporate approach to private client services to offer commercial, practical advice.
- Private individuals and families
- High-net-worth individuals
- Business owners
- Company directors
- Executors and trustees
- Sports personalities
- Advising owners of family businesses regarding succession planning and asset protection including inheritance tax and personal tax aspects.
- Establishing and managing family trusts with assets including properties and company shares for families with high value estates.
- Advising high-net-worth individuals on complex estates with multiple asset classes (including business and agricultural property) and complicated succession issues.
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries on their duties, rights and powers.
- Administering complex probate estates, including those with international and/or contentious aspects.
- Advising families on generational wealth planning.
- Advising on and drafting pension death benefit trusts and life insurance trusts.
Previous Law Firms
- Sinclair Law Solicitors (South Cheshire boutique firm) – head of department
- Hill Dickinson LLP
- Full member of STEP
- Full member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- The College of Law Chester
- University of Liverpool, English & German Laws LLB (Hons)