Rachel is an experienced employment lawyer, having specialised in the area since her qualification in 2004. Rachel advises on all aspects of employment law, including discrimination, TUPE, whistleblowing protection, sickness absence, social media issues, breach of contract and redundancy. Rachel regularly undertakes advocacy in the Employment Tribunal and presents to clients on a variety of employment law issues.
- Acted in a high profile case of national significance involving whistleblowing in the NHS
- Successfully represented a large NHS trust in a case brought by a consultant oncologist in the first known case of perceived disability discrimination.
- Delivered whistleblowing training to the entire workforce of a large regulatory body
- Advised on a complex reorganisation involving the TUPE transfer of staff across multiple public sector bodies
- Advised on the employment aspects of the £70m sale of a multinational company
- Represented a large NHS trust in a case which went to the Court of Appeal involving the legal test for causation in victimisation cases
Previous Law Firms
- Hill Dickinson LLP, Legal Director
- DWF, Solicitor
- Martin & Co, Solicitor
- Ward & Rider, Solicitor
- Merricks LLP, Trainee Solicitor