Saad is a highly experienced tax lawyer, with a broad range of experience in advising corporate clients on their tax positions. He is particularly expert in providing advice with regard to the tax aspects of corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity, share options, entrepreneur’s relief and complex restructurings.
In addition, Saad advises on employee incentives, property transactions, VAT, stamp duty land tax, and representing clients on investigations and enquiries from HMRC.
- Company directors
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Executors, administrators and trustees
- International estates
- Professional services firms
- Independent financial advisors
- Investment funds
- Project Thomas– Providing advice to the shareholders on the taxation aspects on the disposal of their shares for a consideration of approximately £26m, including the drafting, negotiation and agreement of the taxation warranties and the tax covenant, advice on share options, loan relationships, entrepreneur’s relief and complex restructuring.
- Project Albert– Advised Kuehne & Nagel on the tax aspects of acquiring a target group of companies for £60m.
- Project Shamrock– Provided and implemented the lead tax advice to the selling shareholders on the disposal of the entire issued share capital for £16 million so as to ensure entrepreneur’s relief was available.
- Project Oil– Implemented the “migration” of one of the largest private oil company’s tax residence to the UK.
- Yorkshire Fund Managers– Successfully implemented the tax structure on the investment by YFM to facilitate a management buy- out and obtained the tax clearance.
- Stobart Group Limited – Drafted and implemented a Long-Term Incentive Plan with innovative performance conditions.
- Drafted and implemented enterprise management incentives, nil-paid share schemes CSOPs and other LTIPs.
- Project Pension– Successfully provided and implemented a tax structure for a large French group so as to ensure that the group structure was maintained for group relief purposes when the pension protection fund acquired 33% of the UK subsidiary’s share capital.
- Project Agent – Provided lead tax advice to a large “courier” on the tax implications of the new onshore and off shore intermediaries’ legislation.
- Project Hive Down – Provided lead advice to a buyer of a business on the issue of preservation of tax losses.
Previous Law Firms
- Ward Hadaway, Partner, Corporate Tax
- Hill Dickinson LLP, Partner and head of Corporate Tax
- Weightmans, Associate in Corporate Department (specialising in tax)
- Hammonds (now Squire Sanders), Solicitor in the Corporate Tax Department
- Grant Thornton Chartered Accountants
- Law, LLB (Hons), Cardiff University
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Diploma in Legal Practice Course