Sara specialises in providing corporate advice to individual and corporate clients in particular, in relation to, share and asset acquisitions, private equity investments, management buy-outs, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and refinance transactions.
Sara is dedicated to her clients’ needs. In order to provide the best legal advice and service. Sara will always go the extra mile to ensure that she fully understands their business and objectives. In the often-pressurised environment of corporate transactions, she retains calm professionalism under fire.
- Owner managers
- Private companies
- Acquiring management teams
- Financial providers for acquisition and refinancing
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of a specialist provider of residential and supported living care for young adults to a healthcare fund.
- Sale of the majority shareholding of a Managing General Agency insurance company which specialises in household, travel and personal accident insurance to a US Insurance company.
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of an exhibition and events sector business to an American-based trade events operator.
- Acting for the incoming management team in their acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a manufacturing and distribution company and the funding of the same through asset-based lending.
- Purchase by a Managing General Agency insurance company of a specialist broker providing emergency medical and travel insurance for charity workers, aid worker, missionaries and church groups and individuals travelling overseas.
- Acting for the sellers in the sale to a healthcare provider of the entire issued share capital of a company specialising in providing residential care for the delivery of epilepsy, autism and learning disability services to clients.
- Sale of limited liability partnership’s interest in a consultancy services company focussed on executive search, interim management and market intelligence/ research.
- Sale by thirty-four EIS shareholders of their interest in a music technology app company to a music event company. The acquisition involved setting up a holding company into which the thirty-four shareholders would exchange their shares to preserve their EIS relief and then the buyer would then acquire shares in the new holding company and buy out the founding shareholders for either cash or shares or a combination of both.
- Advising a Managing General Agency on the division of its existing share capital into two different classes of shares so that the two shareholders could continue to work in the business on differing terms so as to allow one to commit less time to the business and the other to take on more responsibility and for their respective rewards from the business to be reflective. Also drafting a shareholders’ agreement between the two shareholders.
- Acting for an architect’s firm in protecting their brand image and name and organising for their trademarks to be registered in the United Kingdom.
- Acting for the partners of a partnership in the establishment of a new holding company into which they would each take shares personally and the set up of three subsidiary companies into which they would transfer the various business ventures operated by the partnership to help them protect from the potential risk of a diverse portfolio of activities. This also included setting up an employee share scheme arrangement so that employees could be rewarded for their development of the various business(es) they are involved in.
Previous Law Firms
- Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP (Partner) 2014-2019
- Hamlins LLP (Associate) 2011-2014
- Wallace LLP (Solicitor) 2010-2011
- asb Law (Associate) 2003-2010
- Inns of Court School of Law (2002-2003) LPC, Legal Practice Course
- Aberystwyth University (1998-2001) Law
- Roedean School (1996-1998)