Siân is a Fraud, Regulatory and Corporate Crime Solicitor with 15 years post qualification experience. Siân has extensive experience in dealing with cases investigated / prosecuted by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Office of Fair Trading (OFT) HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). She provides advice and assistance to corporates and individuals in relation to investigations by regulators and internal investigations. Siân also acts for both individual and corporate clients in relation to tax disputes with HMRC. Siân is also able to provide practical advice and training to organisations on compliance issues relating to anti-bribery and corruption, anti -money laundering legislation and competition law.
Siân is adept in the preparation and management of serious and complex fraud cases including developing and implementing strategy, motivating others and working to deadlines and within budget. She is recognised for her highly developed research and analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail. Siân is especially well regarded for her client care and interpersonal skills.
Siân has worked on several notable cases including:
- Operation Venison – a £100 million MTIC fraud Prosecution which collapsed following a successful abuse of process argument.
- R v H and W – SFO Prosecution against two senior Solicitors at a leading international law firm. The charges of perjury and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice arose from their work on a commercial litigation case. All charges were dismissed following a successful application.
- Several large-scale high value HMRC MTIC Prosecutions including Operations Devout, Euripus and Inertia.
- Operation Holbein – SFO investigation into alleged criminal cartel activity in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Operation Steamroller – US$100 million boiler-room fraud.
- R v G & others – flagship FSA Prosecution of four former directors of iSOFT for conspiring to make misleading statements to the market. Trial ultimately collapsed and the client was acquitted.
- R v. C and others – high-profile banking corruption prosecution connected to the HBOS impaired assets division. Responsible for strategy and supervising and managing others.
- R v. B and others – large scale carbon credit fraud. Responsible for the analysis of disclosure totalling over 1million pages
- R v. DB and others – false representation conspiracy prosecuted by the SFO
Previous Law Firms
- Teal Compliance
- Stephensons Solicitors
- Irwin Mitchell
- Brunskill Solicitors
- Pannone LLP
- Manchester Metropolitan University (PGDip)
- King’s College London (LLB, LLM)