Tim is recognised as one of the few experts in both corporate law and partnership law, concentrating, as he does, on private equity funds and deals, from the setting up of those funds, their investments and the realisation of those investments, whether by trade sale, IPO or buyout. He has a particular focus on secondaries deals, the buying and selling of both fund interests and interests in portfolio companies (‘secondaries direct’). He has also worked on numerous banking deals, insolvencies and restructurings, both within the UK and cross-border.
- Investment funds
- Venture capitalists
- Private Equity Houses
- Corporate Directors
- AIM Listed companies
- The formation of GEC Alsthom;
- The BCCI liquidation;
- The IPO of Future Network PLC;
- The establishment of The UMIP Premier Fund, focussing on ‘spin-outs’ from Manchester University.
- The establishment of Epidarex Capital II, LP, focusing on ‘spin-outs’ from a number of Scottish universities;
- The establishment of four successive secondaries funds for an important secondaries house.
Previous Law Firms
- Equity Partner at M J Hudson LLP
- Corporate Finance Solicitor. Hogan Lovells LLP
- Corporate Finance Solicitor, SJ Berwin
- Counsel, Corporate Finance, O Melveny and Myers LLP
- Senior Counsel, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Deputy General Counsel at ERM; a global environmental consulting group
- Stonyhurst College
- Brasenose College, Oxford University (Greats)