“I have worked with Wyn on a number of complex HR cases … and his knowledge and understanding of the law combined with a pragmatic and commercial approach has allowed me to navigate through what could have been a difficult situation in a manner that has worked for the business and employees”
UK multi-channel retail business
“I have found Wyn to give excellent advice and counsel and always act with the utmost integrity. For these reasons I have worked repeatedly with Wyn over the last decade and a half and recommended him to other businesses and friends”
International lobbying company
“In my opinion, Wyn is in a class of his own as an employment lawyer. I have never had an unsatisfactory outcome from any project which I have engaged him in. He is an excellent lawyer and adviser”
Senior MD and Partner
Public Relations company
Wyn is an employment lawyer with more than 35 years’ City-based experience as a solicitor.
He is experienced in contentious and non-contentious employment law and advises on recruitment and exits, director and fiduciary duties, bonuses and incentive arrangements, discrimination, remuneration strategies, reorganisations, transactional employment issues, tribunals, TUPE and HR advice, reputation management and informal executive coaching. He has particular experience of working in the financial software and voluntary sectors.
Wyn advises corporations and high net worth individuals on confidential employment, discrimination and HR matters.
Wyn’s corporate clients include private and listed companies, charities and international NGOs, private equity houses, property management companies, law firms, SMEs, faith-based entities, software manufactures and UK subsidiaries of foreign parents.
Wyn’s individual clients include directors and senior executives who require confidential advice on the terms of their engagement by, development within, and departure from, high-profile organisations and the management of that individual’s career and reputation.
- Advised a TV production company on the outsourcing of services and the replacement of one contractor with another
- Advised a US corporation on the contractual arrangements for a UK-based consultant reporting to the US parent
- Advised a UK subsidiary of a Dutch parent on varying terms and conditions of employment for its UK workforce
- Advised a UK software company on the outsourcing to it by a global bank of various accounting functions including the TUPE arrangements
- Advised a UK company on a highly sensitive and potentially damaging series of allegations of sexual harassment by a senior director
- Advised a government entity on defending its position in the Employment Tribunal on the ground of state immunity
- Advised a UK company on a small scale and collective redundancy exercises internally and prior to a TUPE transfer or sale to a 3rd Party
- Wrote contracts of employment and staff handbooks for a range of different corporate entitles including charities
- Advised law firms on the management and removal of partners due to performance generally and prior to a merger
- Advice to executives on the terms of their settlement agreements, ranging in value from several £000s to multi-million deals involving options, RSUs and bonuses
- Advice to executives on variations to their terms and conditions when being seconded from the UK to an overseas jurisdiction (and vice versa)
- Advice to an executive on how to manage their position, having been selected for redundancy in individual and collective redundancy situations
- Advice to executives on the management of their employee or contractor reputations when joining or departing employers or client companies.
Previous Law Firms
- gunnercooke LLP – Partner (2019 – ongoing)
- WynLewisCoaching – Executive and Business Growth Coach (2018 – ongoing)
- Hafod Housing Association – Non-executive Director (2022 – ongoing)
- Golden Leaver LLP – Member (2012 to 2019)
- Nabarro LLP (pre C’M’S’) – Consultant (2012 to 2012)
- Comprehensive Consulting – Mediator (2012 to 2015)
- Pinsent Masons LLP – Partner (2001 to 2012)
- Biddle & Co – Partner (1996 to 2001)
- Biddle & Co – Solicitor (1995 to 1996)
- Turner Kenneth Brown – Trainee and Solicitor (1985 to 1995)
Education & Qualifications
- Entrepreneurs Circle – Accredited Business Growth Coach (2021)
- Barefoot Coaching – Executive Coach PG Certificate (2018)
- Association of Executive Coaches – Certificate, Executive Coaching (2018)
- NLP Dynamics – Neuro-linguistic Programming diploma (2014)
- TCM – Accredited Workplace Mediator (2011)
- College of Law, Guildford – Law Society Final Examinations (1983)
- University of Sussex – BA Hons Law & German, 2.1 (1982)