Dan has over 20 years’ experience in dispute resolution with particular expertise in the construction and commercial property sectors. He deals with high value, complex disputes advising employers/developers, contractors, professional consultants, landlords, tenants and agents. Within the construction sector, he has also advised insurers, brokers and various construction professionals in connection with professional indemnity and CAR claims.
As well as dealing with construction and commercial property disputes, Dan also has experience with IT development disputes; professional negligence claims; professional indemnity and other insurance disputes; and general commercial disputes.
Dan has been recommended in Chambers UK and Legal 500 as having ‘excellent strategic judgement’ and being a ‘robust litigator’. He was part of a team which won the Construction Team of the Year Award (UK) in the Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards in 2016.
He is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
- SME developers and contractors;
- Construction professionals
- Landlords & Tenants
- High net worth individuals
- Technology companies
- International retailers
- Acted in adjudications in the reported case of Victory House General Partner Ltd v RGB P&C Ltd  EWHC 1143 (Ch),  Ch 1.
- Advised an off-shore trust fund in relation to various ‘distressed property developments’ the beneficiaries of the trust had invested in as well as by the owner of a £multi-million house in London where the parties have already engaged in 5 adjudications, which also has TCC proceedings on foot.
- In charge of a circa £15 million claim in relation to the defective design of flooring slabs and drainage at a builders’ yard, which settled at a multi-party mediation for a sum (costs inclusive) substantially less than the claim.
- In charge of substantial claims involving project managers, contract administrators, design and build contractors, and building surveyors.
- In charge of a £5 million adjudication in connection with the design and monitoring of construction of a sealed water system at a multi-storey office block.
- Assisted with the factually complex and long-running defence of a design consultancy that provided various design and engineering services in connection with the design and construction of a new runway — the first such runway built in the UK since WW2.
- Assisted with the detailed defence of a Managing Agent, sued for damages in excess of £120 million in connection with a fire at a warehouse where the entire summer stock of a leading retailer, bespoke sorting machinery, and warehouse were entirely destroyed.
Previous Law Firms
- Cannings Connolly, London — Fixed Share Partner (2017–22)
- Bond Dickinson LLP, London — Legal Director (2015–17)
- Plexus Law, London — Fixed Share Partner (2011–15)
- Fishburns Solicitors — Associate (2008–11)
- Halliwells LLP, London — Solicitor (2005–08)
- Society of Construction Law
- Solicitors’ Roll, England, and Wales
- LPC — College of Law, Guildford
- LLB (Hons) — University of Southampton
- A-Levels and 10 GCSEs — St Peter’s RC School, Bournemouth