‘gunnercooke are an industry known legal heavyweight and Paul Ryman is one of the very best.’
‘Paul Ryman is a standout partner … nothing short of brilliant from the first conversation to the last.’
‘Paul is an employment law specialist, described in the legal directories as “excellent“ and having “a keen intellect with a real eye for detail”.’
‘Paul has been a trusted advisor for many years to me and my teams at Synseal and Customade.
He is exceptionally customer oriented and has always offered a sensible combination of pragmatic and compliance advice. We can always rely on Paul to steer us on a course of fair and reasonable responses to any employment issue.
His integrity is above question.’
Previous Group HR Director, Synseal Group and Customade Group
‘Paul is a great Employment Lawyer who I thoroughly enjoy working with.
He has supported me with several complex change programs, as well as the everyday situations that you require the services of an Employment Lawyer.
Paul’s significant expertise, experience and importantly style, means that he translates the complex, ensuring that you understand the situation and your options.’
You really feel that you have a partner with Paul. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him, he is excellent at what he does.
People Leader, Hoyer Petrolog UK Ltd
‘Paul has never failed to provide expert and practical advice in layman’s terms, removing the emotion and focusing on resolutions that cause the least business interruption and damage both in terms of reputation and costs.
On each occasion that I have reached out to Paul for guidance he has responded swiftly, is always accessible, he listens and shows great empathy and understanding and then will focus on a strategy to tackle the problem head on, remove the stress and pressure and will communicate in crystal clear terms.’
Business Process / HR Manager, Auger Site Investigations Ltd
Paul is an employment law specialist, described in the legal directories as ‘excellent’. He has significant experience of advising employers on their employment issues. Paul gets to understand his clients and their business so he can give pragmatic, commercial advice to help them achieve their goals and reduce risk.
Paul also acts for employees and executives and has a proven track record of successfully resolving employment disputes, which are often complex, high value and involve reputational risk.
Paul’s expertise covers all areas of employment law, including senior exits, board disputes, discrimination, strategic advice on reorganisations / restructuring, TUPE, corporate transactions and employment issues connected to corporate insolvency. Paul is an experienced and successful employment litigator, with cases reported in the national press and the law reports.
Clients view Paul as a trusted advisor and value his commitment and clear guidance.
- Companies — SMEs through to large corporates and PLCs.
- Senior employees and company directors.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Registered providers of social housing.
- Advised a corporate group on a large scale restructuring involving collective redundancies and changes to terms and conditions affecting 1,000+ employees. Gave high-level strategic advice to the board and practical guidance and support to the HR team.
- Successfully defended a high profile (national press coverage) unfair dismissal claim against a leading sports association, avoiding significant financial and reputation risk to the client.
- Advised a national charity on at the acquisition of another charity in the context of substantial potential TUPE liabilities. Worked with the board to design strategies to mitigate risk. Out of hundreds of employees, only one brought a claim, which was successfully defended and a costs order was obtained against the Claimant.
- Represented 7 senior City employees/executives in the Employment Tribunal for TUPE related claims, securing damages in excess of £500,000 and an order for the Respondent to pay c £100,000 towards his clients’ costs.
- Provided TUPE advice on the ‘pre-pack’ purchase of a large corporate group in administration, including changes to terms and conditions following the purchase.
- Secondment at a leading national retailer, which provided invaluable insight into the operation of a large business and also of being the recipient of legal services.
Previous Law Firms
- Brabners LLP
- Judge Sykes Frixou
- College of Law — LPC
- University of Liverpool (LLB)