Shilpen is a dispute resolution specialist and his expertise is in resolving complex commercial disputes and contentious corporate matters. His cases are high-value and frequently involve an international element. He is an experienced manager of litigation teams and has been the lead partner in a number of reported cases and cross-border disputes. He also advises employers, employees and professional clients in all aspects of employment law.
Shilpen has conducted disputes in the Senior Courts of England and Wales for over 20 years. He is also proficient in arbitration matters. He is regarded by his clients as an astute “troubleshooter” and negotiator and is frequently consulted at the earliest stages of a dispute.
Shilpen also has a specialism in employment law. He has particular expertise in acting for senior executives, self-employed professionals and company directors in connection with their entire employment needs, including claims in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
Shilpen provides strong and effective representation to his clients in court, at arbitration and in the employment tribunals. He is also a dedicated proponent of mediation as an alternative means of resolving disputes.
Shilpen is a member of IR Global, the world’s largest exclusive network of advisory firms, where he holds the position of Employment Law Member in England.
- Corporations, SME’s and owner-managed enterprises.
- Entrepreneurs & high net-worth individuals.
- Senior executives & company directors.
- Shareholders, LLP members and self-employed professionals.
- Pursuing claims for compensation on behalf of 12 ex-directors and victims of the HBoS Reading fraud scandal against one of Britain’s largest financial services groups.
- Acting for a corporate joint venture partner to secure high-value intellectual property assets against a global stock market index provider.
- Defending a shareholder and ex-business owner in proceedings for civil fraud and breaches of contract brought by a private equity investor.
- Acting in a high-profile dispute between property developers concerning the recovery of the client’s personal data and the scope of the data controller’s statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Acting for an English company for breaches of contract against a military service and maintenance company in the United Arab Emirates.
- Pursuing a multimillion-pound breach of contract claim against an international newspaper for wrongful termination of a digital media joint venture.
- A claim by a fund manager against an investment management fund for accrued bonus payments paid into an employee benefit trust.
- Acting for the CEO of a technology company in respect of whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims.
- Representing a high-profile tax specialist in a sensitive and highly contentious “team move” from a global business advisory to a direct competitor.
- Constructive unfair dismissal and race discrimination claim by a surveyor subjected to extreme anti-Semitic abuse by an international chain of private hospitals.
- Acting for a member and partner of a “top 10” accountancy and business advisory firm in relation to a contentious retirement scenario and claims of sex and disability discrimination.
- Providing day-to-day employment law advice to the senior management of major corporate clients, including the London arm of a multi-billion-dollar US private equity house and one of the world’s best recognised designer fashion brands.
Previous Law Firms
- DWFM Beckman, London – Partner
- Judge Sykes Frixou – Partner
- London School of Economics (1993 LLB)
- King’s College London (1995 LLM)
- The College of Law (1994)
- New York Bar Exam (2001)